Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By a mistake I stumbled over the old classic Freelancer and started searching the net abit if for some reason ppl were still playing it. Then I found the discovery mod and its very nice to see so much dedicated work has been done to give new life to such a good game.

So not playing for many years I jumped in to the server and started doing the stuff I always did. Finish jobs and trade. Robbed by pirates and pushed down by annoyed roleplayers I didnt understand anything. Confiscated cargo and the whole game experience ruined in an instance:wacko:

Then it came to me there is a /restart function and tags and IDs and a whole lot of stuff that I had no idea about, so I did some research on the wiki and forums.

So with that new info in mind im planning on creating a new char and start over :sleep:

Short about me: Hailing from The Aland Islands, Finland. Last year student in nautical officer programme (seacaptain). Been playing online games since late 90s. FPS, RTS, MMORPGs mostly.
Welcome, and if you'd like a faction to start in try the LPI (recruitment link in my sig). We're friendly and we'll show you the ropes. Plus, if you can play a cop in Liberty, you can play anything:lol:

Regardless, have fun, don't piss off Phantoms, don't feed the penguins (they're commies) and HAVE FUN!
Welcome to Discovery!
Yea, Hardest thing for newer players is all the ID Rules and IFF and all.
At least you've already figured what to do! But I'm gonna spam you with some links incase you've missed any of them;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID ? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment ? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
When you are In Game and need help, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)
Welcome! Hope you have fun and enjoy your stay here.
' Wrote:don't feed the penguins (they're commies) and HAVE FUN!

Erhm I am a commie :sleep: And I got a problem with authorities but thanks for the offer ^^

Thanks to all else who offer help. Ill see when I get time to put myself into it.
Click the "Need Help?" link in my sig if you ever need someone to contact if need need assistance.
Welcome.
Welcome, have fun here!
' Wrote:Erhm I am a commie

Then you're most welcome comrade:).

Well, as far as I'm concerned anyway. This community needs more commies. It's not very communist friendly.

[short rant]

At least the factions that's supposed to represent communism quite often do it in a very stereotypical way.

Well, most of them at least...

[/short rant]

Although if anyone feels like proving me otherwise...
Hmm plenty of pirate factions or merc factions to go around!
Welcome!