Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hey Folks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks i joined discovery a year ago but never got around to being apart of the community due to playing too many games at once and thus evidently burning myself out lol . Anyways i have finally dropped all other games and stay commited only to freelancer .

So anyways i'm still pretty much new and have lots to learn and can use a point in the right direction , I haven't roleplayed in almost 4 years and pretty much need to relearn the basics , I also have a skype account
and want to join a neutral faction something along the lines of the order or join a reedom type faction .

I'm not the greatest pilot out there but i am a fast learner , I just want to roelplay have fun and get heavily involved .

Btw i'm also a canuck who loves his beer , who loves his space sims and loves his hockey:D
Well hello thar! a tip: get a trader. now. First char you ever make. nothing else. once he's set up, you have some funding, so make another character then. i did this accidentally and it worked.

And for an neutral faction? well, the most neutral faction ever is the zoners. very rp, a leetle fighting. (as far as i know)
Hi there, welcome to Discovery! From what you're looking for, it might be a good idea to ring up the LPI or BPA to learn the ropes, or a trade faction like BowEx or RepEx. Nice places to start, really, and just about as neutral as you'll get in the current environment.

Just remember, we're all here to have fun and Roleplay, so, make friends, play nice, and have fun. :)
Welcome to disco

Just make sure to read the rules and have fun!

See you in space
A Year Ago? Crap! Many things have changed since then. You know, Order is not that "Neutral" really ...:unsure:They get kicked in the face by BHG Core, and kicked in the arse by Nomies! So I'm gonna suggest you the same thing as above posts, either join a Trading Faction, or get a Zoner! ... or a Pirate IDed Freelancer! D:

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID ? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment ? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
When you are In Game and need help, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)
Thanks for the links i'll be sure to check them out , Just one other question when i checked for discovery servers i noticed there is a discovery uk rp server and usa servers as well , but not the discovery 24/7 official server so i'm kinda lost on how to conect to your server as well as i am confused .

Any help regarding this would be great:)

Thanks again for the links as no doubt they will be of great help:)
It might be an issue with the IP of the server, so if you go into the properties of the shortcut you're using for Freelancer, you might need to add this if it isn't in there already:

-s82.113.48.5:2302

So, the path should look something like this:

E:\Games\Freelancer\EXE\DSUpdate.exe -s87.72.218.86:2302

Or whatever your folder location is.

Hope that helps!