Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Glitched Widescreen Navmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I did a little searching, I didn't see this issue specifically addressed. I tried Linkus' method for manually adding widescreen support, it didn't help. I have a 22" widescreen, 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor.

At first, when I'm sitting undocked from the planet when first joining the server, the navmap looks proper. I know Cannon said he'd try to address this issue when he gets time.

[Image: Navmap1.png]

But now, whenever I undock, my navamp looks like this. It's unusable, really. Too many gridlines and not enough letters.

[Image: Navmap2.png]

Any solutions?
' Wrote:I did a little searching, I didn't see this issue specifically addressed. I tried Linkus' method for manually adding widescreen support, it didn't help. I have a 22" widescreen, 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor.

At first, when I'm sitting undocked from the planet when first joining the server, the navmap looks proper. I know Cannon said he'd try to address this issue when he gets time.

[Image: Navmap1.png]

But now, whenever I undock, my navamp looks like this. It's unusable, really. Too many gridlines and not enough letters.

[Image: Navmap2.png]
Any solutions?

A) Do not use anything besided -dx or -dHeightxWidth added to the FL shortcut for widescreen support, when going online to the server.

B) No fix, unless gamerendering engine is rewritten. Blame Zelot for not getting the sourcecode.

A & L Guy
Quote:A) Do not use anything besided -dx or -dHeightxWidth added to the FL shortcut for widescreen support, when going online to the server.

I'm doing -dx right now, I'll give the other command a shot.

If that doesn't work, I'll say dangit Zelot, and thanks A&L for the reply.:D
If you look at the older widescreen fix, I believe it had a workaround for the text thing.
' Wrote:If you look at the older widescreen fix, I believe it had a workaround for the text thing.
That still won't fix the rescaling of the map, so the gridlines and letter/number coords work properly.
It will only increase text for the names of the detected and visited stations and objects.

Its a rendering engine problem. When FL and its engine was programmed, having widescreen displays in the sizes we are using today was just a wet dream in mediainterested geeks minds.

A & L Guy
I will fix the nav map scaling in the next release of the mod.
And just when I thought I couldn't anticipate the next release any more...

Can't wait, thanks Cannon.
I get that sometimes, Zoom in, then Zoom out, resets it for me.
Doesn't help for me, used to on my 19".
Im having the same issue using -dx on my 1680x1050 screen. At first when I log on- the screen is too big, like I cant access the top bar, equipment, ship dealer ect things. But when I undock everything goes normal, exept for things like the nav map grids like you expained DT.
Pages: 1 2