Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: erratic Missile lockon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I set up a ship with 3 missile launchers and had pretty good luck with them in combat, until at some point all of the missiles would quit hitting. I'd kill off two or three NPCs then hit another one a few times, but after a bit every single missile would fail to lock on to the target. They weren't just missing, they didn't even try to track and follow the target. This would happen irregularly but often enough to make missile warfare vs NPCs quite annoying.

Does anyone have an idea what was happening? It just seems odd that I'd hit the same ship with 6 salvos of missiles then the next ten salvos would simply fail to lock on.
Would the NPCs be using countermeasers?
That happens to me too even with CDs and I think it's some bug. I always target another ship, then target back the first one and the missiles are homing again. But it's quite annoying I agree.
Yeah I don't think they're using CMs because of the total on/off behavior of the missiles. I'll try switching targets, haven't tried that yet.
I think it is a general Freelancer bug.At least,I've seen the same thing happen in every mod and in vanilla.It's just one of those things you have to live with playing Freelancer.
it happens sometimes that missiles would stop tracking. Its some sort of bug related to lag I think.
Hmm, whenever I lag, my destroyer missiles stop targeting. Perhaps it's related?
there is solution..this is known bug...and it may not be lag related...when u have lag missiles either miss the target but locks on it..or simply stays near your ship until it explodes...

when u first enter the system or ingame sometimes your missiles wont lock on player ship...solution is to fire missile/CD/torp to NPC..hopefully hostile one...after that missiles will lock on with out problems...
what i do when this happens is hit cntrl T then T and it dumps my target and grabs it again relocking and missles track again. But i fly with a scewered layout so this might not work as well for some people:D