Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Docking on Player Capships for Bombers/Fighters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
cloaking = logging off outside of a station/planet
@ Nitram,
Please excuse us if we come off a bit rude in response to your suggestion. the fact of the matter is that this suggestion has come up countless times, and each time, it has been rejected with supportive reasoning (in other words, they said "no" and gave a valid reason as to why not).

In theory and role play, docking with another player-ship makes complete sense, however, the potential for abuse far outweighs the benefits of the action. Yes, restrictions could be made to combat that risk, but the community probably couldn't take any more "do's and don'ts". Balance is another issue altogether.

There are limits to what we can do in our little niche of the Freelancer Community. Our developers and the mod creator have deliberated over the thought, and found it to be a "good idea" but won't work for us. That is something we've accepted and respect.

Oh, and another side note, Please use the search button. We prefer grave digs to seeing the same thing in a different post.

-Semp
The reason for this to not be implemented is like what happens to the docked players if the ship in which they are docked in gets deleted, the move char command, etc. So this will not be implemented.
' Wrote:@ Nitram,
Um, I am not topic starter? I simply commented that there's probably a reason that it's not in the mod already.

I will admit, that wanting it for a few hours of lulz is abit short sighted tough.

Nitram.
' Wrote:Um, I am not topic starter? I simply commented that there's probably a reason that it's not in the mod already.

I will admit, that wanting it for a few hours of lulz is abit short sighted tough.
Nitram.

whoops.... I just went with the person on the bottom of the response list... didn't see the beginning of it

:Psorry bout that

I state the correction to

" "
Wasn't the issue people trying to undock in the middle of a jump, and it crashing the server?
Well, even if it is buggy so what?
Unless the bugs crash server, why not just implement it. Why not have Anchorage transport entire Wing of Liberty Navy smalls into Rheinland space for incursion, then pick em up and leave?

It would be great for RP I believe.
ok understood. very bad, but no chances for this Feature, cause of technical terms.

And as i said before in my post above, my surchfunction dosnt work here at my corporate PC. Sorry for that. :$

and your answers werent seen as rude, this comm is really very nice to each other, in contrast to another Comm, I have met in Freelancer ;-)
It works just fine people.
No crashes, nothing. You can't undock mid-jump. If your carrier gets destroyed, your ship is flung to the last base you docked at. All those issues were solved a long time ago.

It works grand, it just has no purpose in Disco.
So, why not add those few lines of codes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4