Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: In need of some big help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone. I am in meed of some major help and asking for someones time. I use to play the discovery mod a while ago then the server went down. Since then my old pc kind of died and I lost everything. I can not remember how, what and where I would find everything I need to play the game online again. All I have is the game nothing more. Would there be any chance someone could maybe tell me what I need to play the game online and back to the discovery mod and most of all please could I have the links to the sites so I can download them. I'm not great with pc's or the net so any help would be wonderful.

I know its alot to ask but I'm really stuck and iching to get back online.

Many thanks
Steve.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44642

PS the server is down right now. It will be back up, but we don't know when.
Look in the forums for the mod download....then when the server is back up,you'll be all set.
Got the mod manager installed and downloaded the discovery mod. but its got a zip file on my desktop. what shall i do next? This looks different then i remember before.
open it?

Use the mod manager to install the mod and then run the game... works for me
ok I have the zip file and i don't know want part i have to click on. I've looked through and can't see it. The open zip file Has in it 4 folders, DATA, DLLS, EXE, IONCROSS. Also has 5 other files. Discovery Freelancer (looks like a shortcut which don't do much) Discoverymap. DSUpdateReadme, Readme and Script. (don't know why but it won't let me put a picture of it on here. I don't know what I'm meant to be doing. Please help?
- Your freelancer mod manager has a folder called 'mods'
- Make a new folder in that folder called 'Discovery 4.85'
- Copy all the data from the zip file into the 'Discovery 4.85' folder.
- Now start the freelancer mod manager.
- Activate the mod. (If you run vista or win7 run the mod manager as administrator or the mod won't activate properly)
- Launch the game. (The main discovery server is down at the moment but it will be back. http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20365 )
- Read the server rules;)

Have fun

Edit: With data I mean all folders from the zip file and including files
Cool. Done that, Try to activate the mod in mod manager and in half loads then comes up,

Error: problem activating 'Discovery Mod v4.85'
Looking in the log for more deails.

Do you wish to restore backups? (strongly reommended)

yes? no?

I've tried yes and it backs up the files but don't activate the mod, Tried no and it just stops it. I've tried both many times. Any ideas? (I'm sorry about this) oh and I've got windows 7
' Wrote:I've got windows 7
You haven't tried running FLMM as an admin yet, have you?
I use windows 7 too. You need to run the FLMM with admin privileges and donot use FLMM 1.4 . Just right click the exe file and click run as administrator and you wont get any errors.
Pages: 1 2