Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Interesting Concern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok, in the past I was quite a bit of a PVP whore. I love pvp and really enjoy it. However I made a post on my gaming communities forums talking about my first interactions on my new character, "Dark.Aldebaran" and received an interesting warning. First I will quote my post from the other forum:

' Wrote:Heheh - well I'm all set and back into Disco as myself. My new RP Character there is "Dark.Aldebaran" it is a huggy captained by my character, Aidan Patrick.

Already been killed once in PVP.. Made the mistake of heading into California.. whole slew of battleships and cruisers were just camping out. They popped me simply because of my Corsair tag. (Which I need to remove because that isn't my faction) was fun stuff. lol

Other than that, I've killed one gunboat. He probrably would have won if he hadn't of tucked tail and ran.

' Wrote:NEVER go into California without a fleet backing you. Why?

CENSORED/CENSORED/CENSORED = Capship whore/flak whore/completely ooRP/etc

The three censored names were clan tags. For obvious reason I will not state them here. This isn't a witch hunt.

My question is, how long has this behavior been going on? I remember in the past I was shunned and rejected for PVP whorish behavior and now it's become quite common.

Why haven't the PVP whoring parties been instructed to move their non-RP engagements to the PVP server? Should I expect OOC Combat at all times even though I want to RP *everything*?
just to play the devils advocate here:

im really not sure that lawfulls....yes, i know who you censored....are out of rp by attacking a corsair tagged ship without warning.....did you tell them you were under construction?

and...as to capship whoring....
well, when people join disco, they see a capship, and they want one...hopefully they will get hit by a bomber a few times, and realize they are more vulnerable than fighters.

another thing...we dont know how much rp they did...maybe none with you, but there could easily have been an engaging rp on their group channel, and we would never know.
To your reply, unselie, i ask you this: (note that I could be, and probably am, mistaken).

But I read somewhere that your equipped ID forgoes the REP-tag you have on your name. IF that's true, then wouldn't they be wrong just for firing upon poor DO's aldy-ship?
Discovery universe is alot about conflicts. Bretonia vs Kusari, Outcasts vs Corsairs, Pirates vs Police/Traders and so on. A part of RP is to get involved in these conflicts (unless playing a neutral). So where to draw the line? If outcast and corsair capital ships meet, they are supposed to fire at each other, since they are at war.

However to amass a great number of cap-ships just to pick off enemies one by one i would consider bad RP. Fleets should only engage fleets (it should cost alot to maintain such a force, right?). But it's hard to make rules about everything, so i hope the clans themselves take responsibility
The lawful characters you mentioned were only present as a single fighter.

I may be Corsair tagged on the character, but that is only due to the fact that the tag won't drop (they are neutral to me in game, yet still over the FULLY green outcasts and tagged, for some odd reason.) I'm not saying they should have asked.

They engaged me without any RP, without any warning. And the factions that engaged me, were all outcast aligned pirates in capital ships. (Yes, I know they are outcast and I am Corsair tagged)

I didn't lose anything, I'm not upset because I died. I don't want to get back at them. I am just curious and would like an answer on how much OOC combat is really going on in this server as of late so I know what to expect. I don't want to fly up to someone intending to RP with them and all the sudden, bang bang.. "OOC: *insert jibberish*" in system chat.

Granted OOC combat hasn't been terribly bad while playing on Octavius, but I see on a percentage scale... 99.9% OOC chat, and 0.1% In Character chat in the system. And that number jumps to 100% OOC chat the more people that are playing in a given system.

I guess my concern is, is everything being done to ensure RP? It doesn't seem like every community member is dedicated to making sure that their engagements are RP'd, so long as they get kills.

It's just a concern, especially since (as I mentioned before) I was shunned for such behavior, and when I am ready to come back and play by the "rules" (rp rules with regards to combat) there are an entire slew of PVP-Whores.

[color=#FF0000](This thread has nothing to do with capship whoring just FYI)
' Wrote:To your reply, unselie, i ask you this: (note that I could be, and probably am, mistaken).

But I read somewhere that your equipped ID forgoes the REP-tag you have on your name. IF that's true, then wouldn't they be wrong just for firing upon poor DO's aldy-ship?

What ID did he have when attacked ?
Oddity, before pointing fingers at all and sundry, can I point out one glaring error in your 'RP' first ...
Corsair tag/Outcast destroyer does tend to get people a little teed off, as of course that is completely
out of anyones roleplay scenario.
Slide back in here a little more gently if you want to fit in. Like you said, its been a while ...

Hoodlum
You are an admin. Look at my characters rep. I have a tag due to GAME ERROR. Not mine. I busted my balls to get the outcast tag, only for it to be denied to me.

EDIT:
And like I said, honestly I don't mind dying, the thing that bothers me is, there was no RP.. Not even a mistaken "Die Corsair!"

Just jump into California, get blown up. bam.

EDIT2:
I had a regular pirate ID, as by my RP, I support the outcasts, as being exiled as a Corsair. But I am not accepted into the faction, as I am a former Corsair.
' Wrote:You are an admin. Look at my characters rep. I have a tag due to GAME ERROR. Not mine. I busted my balls to get the outcast tag, only for it to be denied to me.

Actually, he's a RP forum moderator, NOT an Admin. The admis are:

Igiss
Korrd
Nightfall
BulldogNK
Caylith
Kane
Majkp*

*Majkp does not have admin responsibilities, only those relating to Server operation. He, however, owns the server and thus, has access to it.
its really not that hard to change your tag
Pages: 1 2 3 4