Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: early enlistment into the Military
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if < 18 years of age can enlist into the police/military force here in this game?

I was figurin you'd have to have pretty good reasons for it, like total stubborness or that the dude is totally awesome it would be wrong to NOT enlist him?

Is it possible?
Faction Wise, Yes

If you mean RP wise, depends on which each house defines as their combat role enlistment age.
Your putting a couple hundred thousand dollar piece of machinery with weapons on it that can kill to a under 18 year old.
okay then...

if that's the case, then could anyone tell me their house's combat enlistment age? I think the lowest possible could be 15, if he proves to have good moral character standings and good overall health comparable to an adult.

I'm mostly looking at Liberty, but would also like to know others for future RP.
Take a look at the Order. All their capital ship pilots are 15 year old girls.
' Wrote:okay then...

if that's the case, then could anyone tell me their house's combat enlistment age? I think the lowest possible could be 15, if he proves to have good moral character standings and good overall health comparable to an adult.

I'm mostly looking at Liberty, but would also like to know others for future RP.

Uhmmm, no? There is no way a House Military would enlist someone that is below the legal age limit and considered a juvenile. And to consider the age limit being 15 is plain silly knowing very well that he/she is still in puberty and should be in school. And minors can't do squat without their parents or guardian's approval until they are adults in the eyes of the law.

I like to think that Houses in Sirius have an obligatory high school education like some countries have today, and taking that into account, and common sense, no one under the age of 18 should be able to enlist. In some Houses even 21.

Remember, knowledge is power and education is future, even in a game.
I've seen people roleplaying 13 year old bounty hunter girls.
If I know right, Virus, founder of RM was 14 when he created RM faction.
I imagine that, considering the setting, you would require a university degree of some sort and numerous other qualifications to even get to the point of becoming a military pilot. I'd say early twenties, at the very youngest, with mid- to late-twenties seeming rather more likely.

Unless you're just talking forum RP related to some ground troops or something of the sort. Then go for it, I guess, make them 18 or 19, or perhaps in their twenties.
' Wrote:I've seen people roleplaying 13 year old bounty hunter girls.

And yes, when one sees this he is not sure if the best thing to do is cry or laugh. I prefer the second option.

' Wrote:If I know right, Virus, founder of RM was 14 when he created RM faction.

You are mixing two very different things, age in role play, and age in real life.
People just like to roleplay their actual age in real life as it's the easiest for them. A 15 year old won't have any idea what a 30 year old's life would be like, don't even think about what a 30 year old's life in the future of Disco verse would be like.

Lots of kids play this game, therefore there're lots of kids characters.

Pages: 1 2