Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This may sound stupid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone who suggested that the Red Hessians and all others with 5.88 refire rates fought against any recently? (without some maxed out super-powered fighter/gunship, etc)

I'm asking because I took a job from Leipzig station in the Dresden system earlier and got hit by all the weapons on 2 Hessian silettos, now I didn't expect them to miss or anything silly, but i also didnt expect them to take my shields down and vaporise a wing either, I exhusted my batts and bots and died about 5-10 seconds later. All this while dodging and everything else, I think I pulled every trick in the book, but it didnt matter cos 1 stray hit did enormous amounts of damage, I'm not arguing with the wisdom of changing the refire rates (hell, I agree). But is there any way to alter how many NPc ship you have to fight?

As far as I could tell you would need a VHF with everything maxed out, as everyone likes it, to even stand a chance of killing a few first.

sorry if this sounds like a rant or me whining about getting blasted but it seems a little unfair on people trying to make some fast money by doing missions so they can upgrade their ships to have to trade for ages first.

So is there some way to make the missions either pay more or lower the number of pirate HF and VHF's you have to kill, this is the only time i've had this problem, the Brunschuh I can deal with but the Hessians just slaughter me everytime.

thks for reading this, any thoughts or comments are welcome
First never follow a book or manuel on how to fly. Everything is split-second decisions.

Also what I noticed was that a group of 6 Hessiens near the Sigma-13 Jump Hole in New Berlin can take down my train's shield in less than 10 seconds if i sit still. They take it down faster than 2 Liberty cruisers can. The weapons are too strong. Also a group of 3 RH police and 3 RH Valkyries took my BS' shield to half in about 20 seconds. Their guns are waytoo strong. Don't make them as weak as before but do reduce the damage by alot. The guns are as good as the level 10 Wildfire. Also the chainguns are too weak. They need to be a little bit stronger. My two Solaris turrets on Korrd's server took about 15-20 seconds to take down a fighter that my 4 Wildfires could have done in 5 seconds. Think of the wildfire chainguns. They would be about half as good as the normal codename guns. I say increase the damage of the chainguns by 1 1/2 to even them to almost as good as the gun they are made after. The solaris should be a cap-ships gun but use twice the energy and half the damage.
Well, i had to take on several corsairs while trying to get my eagle.

However, the problem wasn't that bad. I haven't gone to Rhieland for awhile, but I could see what's happening with the Red Hessians.

Just on an odd note.. what ship were you using ?
My train's 60K shield couldn't stop them for more than 10 seconds.
Dab,Dec 7 2005, 02:59 PM Wrote:My train's 60K shield couldn't stop them for more than 10 seconds.
[snapback]7218[/snapback]

Hmm.. This was in Dresden/Rhieland ?

I guess I'll need to go check it out
I'm currently using an executioner with my [LR] character and it has a class 7 molecular shield.

What I meant by "I used every trick in the book" was that I used every trick I know of to avoid getting hit.

At least someone else thinks they're a bit too good.
Quote:Don't make them as weak as before but do reduce the damage by alot.

Are you guys Tripin??, ive gotten attacked by them and never had a problem, sure there annoying but the BH that are there are stronger than the hessians.

Quote:Think of the wildfire chainguns. They would be about half as good as the normal codename guns. I say increase the damage of the chainguns by 1 1/2 to even them to almost as good as the gun they are made after

They already have them there Lvl 10 i have a few there just fine.

Quote:I'm currently using an executioner with my [LR] character and it has a class 7 molecular shield.

Theres one problem u need an lvl 10 sheild first off thats why your getting owned so fast. and also you need to get a VHF, Hessians, along with the Corsairs and Outcasts are supposed to be the Toughest Pirates thats why they use VHF's

I'm going to go with Dab on this one. First, Hessians kill me when I come through a JG/JH before I can get moving in a Large Train. (i.e. 7 seconds)

Second, the Chainguns are too weak. I never use ANY of them because I can't kill anyhting but Nomads with them. The shield damage is too low. I'm not sure about the hull damage, I've hardly been able to take down a ship's shields without a torp or missile.

Second, I was the crash dummy, so to speak, for Dab's Solaris and they are mush too weak. I barely fought him with one, but neither of us died. He might have if I was any good at fighting capships.
The Solaris Turrets definatly need an upgrade in damage. Around the order of 200 hull and 100 shield damage, I think. Not added, just all told. (This is a gross aproximation. It is possible that a little less is needed, or a little more, depending on reviews and other factors)
Kane,Dec 7 2005, 11:15 PM Wrote:The Solaris Turrets definatly need an upgrade in damage. Around the order of 200 hull and 100 shield damage, I think. Not added, just all told. (This is a gross aproximation. It is possible that a little less is needed, or a little more, depending on reviews and other factors)
[snapback]7236[/snapback]
Also, solaris consume way too much energy... reducing their energy usage to 1200/1500 is a good idea.
I agree that chain guns do little damage. i need 5 of them to take down a hammerhead shield...
Pages: 1 2 3