Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why lock the "server lock" poll?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mmmkay i'm just curious why Drake's poll was locked instantly by bulldog. If there were some sort of explanation why a poll on this measure is out of the question, that'd be great. I'm curious how many people feel yea or nay on the subject.
Igiss, and the Server Admin have decided that it will never be passworded. and so, it will never happen. never.
IGISS HATH SPOKEN, AND SIRIUS IS.
and what's the point discussing something that you know for sure will never happen?
let the idea die....please.
This was a hot debate a few months ago. The idea was beaten around over and over again. Igiss finally came in and said his piece. He and the Admins felt it would be detrimental to disco's future to password the server. Without new bodies the mods growth would stagnate.

Bulldog locked Drakes topic to prevent a second flame war on this topic.
Unseelie: I wasn't asking to debate the topic again, i was asking why he locked it without any explanation.
Nexus: Thanks for explaining!:)
Yeah, basically Igiss had to keep saying (approx. 3-4 threads on this subject) that there would be no password. Thats why admins just lock the threads about it as they come now.
Maybe they could include links to other similar and already discussed threads when locking them...but of course it's not their obligation because the players have the "Search" feature on the forums...buuut again...maybe it could help to make things more clear!:P
Let's face it, if an admin does something it's usually with good reason. Even if it's as simple as, 'Igiss hath spoken'. All you really need to do is look at it from their point of view.

Bulldog wouldn't have taken that kind of desicion by himself and everyone here knows it.