Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Jump Hole Failures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We already might blow up when exiting a JH in the Omicrons.

Im fine with that happening.

But randomize RARELY-RARELY, i mean RARELY, then cool! I dont need to go through Magellan-Leeds and end up in Hokkaido.

Or Alaska-Minor and end up in Omicron 99.

Maybe something like 1 in 50 chances would be good that a jump hole would fail.

This does introduce some more realism in the game. But then again its not something that is really needed.
Interesting concept but believe me, you might not like it implemented. However there's a rumor in the Omicrons about a trick pirates and smugglers used to evade pursuit or (if they knew where they'd end up) get ahead of their victim and set up an ambush. It involved short-circuiting the hyperdrive at a certain point in the jump which would throw the ship out of hyperspace. Of course it was dangerous, if not done at the right point the ship would end up in the middle of the system's star resulting in a very quick and extremely hot episode of "wtfpwnd".
' Wrote:Interesting concept but believe me, you might not like it implemented. However there's a rumor in the Omicrons about a trick pirates and smugglers used to evade pursuit or (if they knew where they'd end up) get ahead of their victim and set up an ambush. It involved short-circuiting the hyperdrive at a certain point in the jump which would throw the ship out of hyperspace. Of course it was dangerous, if not done at the right point the ship would end up in the middle of the system's star resulting in a very quick and extremely hot episode of "wtfpwnd".

that exploit was outlaw'd by the admins iirc.

' Wrote:that exploit was outlaw'd by the admins iirc.

Yep.

' Wrote:that exploit was outlaw'd by the admins iirc.
Did you have to tell the people it was an exploit? Besides, I know it was outlawed by the admins, I was one of them when it was suggested to do so. However, I was referring to an actual existing rumor from the NPCs in the Omicrons.:rolleyes:It's also unusable because of the... never mind, it's a rumor.:sleep:
' Wrote:Did you have to tell the people it was an exploit? Besides, I know it was outlawed by the admins, I was one of them when it was suggested to do so. However, I was referring to an actual existing rumor from the NPCs in the Omicrons.:rolleyes:It's also unusable because of the... never mind, it's a rumor.:sleep:

i's sorry, i have a problem at identifying jokes from srys bsns when i stay up for more than 36 hours due to work D::(
Pages: 1 2 3