Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So, you want to make a Polizei indie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
' Wrote:I do, I just 'dun know how :unsure:

The Easy Steps to Making a Polizei Indie

• Step 1: Make a new character with a German name. If you wish, so you can be recognised as a Polizei indie, you can use a sort of tag of your choosing. RFP), [RFP], Polizei|, anything like that, but NOT RFP|.

Step 2: Use the /restart Rheinland command. Log back in on your CSV on planet New Berlin and head to the bar.

Step 3 Option 1 (if you are a lazy yet patient sod, like me, and have plenty of money to spare): You can spend some time checking the bar for two Rheinland Federal Police bribes (triple bribes have even been known to occur), and then switch character back to the same ship and checking again until you get success. You can then purchase varying other bribes (e.g. Republican Shipping, ALG, Kruger, Daumann, Synth Foods (optional), Orbital Spa and Cruise (optional), Bounty Hunters Guild (optional)) and make up the rest of the rep with a mission or two. You can then move to buy the ship of your choice.*
    ---
    Step 3 Option 2 (if you aren't as lazy or as patient as the lazy sods like me but still have money to spare): You can purchase a single Rheinland Federal Police bribe, and then buy the bribes for all of the corps listed in Step 1 and make up the rest of the rep with missions. You can then move to buy the ship of your choice.*
    ---
    Step 3 Option 3 (if you don't have money to spare for bribes): You can simply go straight to missions to make up the rep.

Step 4: Once you have your Rheinland Federal Police tag, buy a Rheinland Federal Police ID from any Police planet in Rheinland and move on to Halle (if you followed Step 3, you may still be in a CSV. Search the ship wiki for a Rheinland ship you can afford and purchase it (e.g. Banshee, Humpback,*) or keep your CSV). In Halle, you can buy all of the equipment you need from Elbe Station. Don't go to Dessau, as for some reason you buy worse equipment there while needing the RFP Guard reputation.

Step 5: Once you have your IFF, ID, ship and all of the equipment you need (armour, weapons, the works) you can move out of Halle and begin your new life in the Polizei.

*If you wish to purchase a Rheinwehr ship (e.g. Valkyrie, Wraith (NO Bergelmirs of Fafnirs for indies please)) or a larger ship (e.g. Behemoth, Prison Liner, Rheinland Gunboat**) then please send me a PM or something telling me why you have chosen that ship. For Rheinwehr ships, your character needs to have a Rheinwehr background. For the larger ships, I would like to see evidence that you have played as your intended character in a fighter for at least two weeks. You can prove this with time-stamped screenshots, or by reporting in the Message Dump***.

**Rheinland Gunboats require excellent role-play background stories, with permission from both me and a representative of the Rheinwehr (as we don't particularly want out gunboats to be thrown away in crazy fights).

***Reporting into our Message Dump could earn you an invitation into the main faction (if you have Skype), starting you off at a medium rank (Detectiv).

You may ask questions about this in this thread.
he seriously didnt know how to rep a polizei character?

also... why do indies have to ask your permission to buy a rheinland fighter/bomber/gb ?
' Wrote:also... why do indies have to ask your permission to buy a rheinland fighter/bomber/gb ?
If every Polizei indie wanted to fly a Wraith or a Bergelmir, then what differentiates them from the Military? The Bergelmir and Fafnir aren't allowed for indies to encourage the use of the Mjolnir. And the gunboat to the Military is like a cruiser to us, so is restricted.
Hey! thats awesome! I'll make a police char right away!:)

Bet its fun to RP and to smash some criminals against the wall, especially since every rheinland unlawful is into fighter whoring! Good show!:)
so what ship CAN they use? i know police usualy go after light fighters, but is there no other option for indies?
Well you have the Mjolnir, for example. A super heavy fighter.

Trust me, its awesome for police work! Especially against smugglers as it can fire a SN (!) and mount a TCD at the same time, while still using fighter weapons.

And before you ask, yes, it has a ridiculously thick hull and bot storage. Quite a unique ship! You only get that in rheinland!:)
' Wrote:he seriously didnt know how to rep a polizei character?

Nobody's perfect.Though I had suspicios about restart and missions.

Anyway Tomtom, thanks mate this is very useful.
' Wrote:Well you have the Mjolnir, for example. A super heavy fighter.

Trust me, its awesome for police work! Especially against smugglers as it can fire a SN (!) and mount a TCD at the same time, while still using fighter weapons.

And before you ask, yes, it has a ridiculously thick hull and bot storage. Quite a unique ship! You only get that in rheinland!:)

*cough* spatial? mafic?
' Wrote:*cough* spatial? mafic?

Yes, yes, but you can't use those for police work!:)

Technically speaking you actually can use a Mafic for police work. But the Mjolnir's more fun. Seriously, it's a perfect police ship. You'll stop transports with it better than you will with any other ship in Rheinland (save perhaps a Fafnir, but that's not going to do well against anything smaller).
Pages: 1 2 3