Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Concerning Faction Right 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:RIGHT 7) Official factions have the right for the purpose of training to equip a maximum of four (4) ships that are not normally allowed by their ID. (These would normally be their adverseries' ships.) This is subject to the following constraints:

-This can only apply to factions with Guard systems.
-They are restricted to the Guard system. If they are caught leaving, the ship gets deleted. The faction may replace it, but at their own expense.
-They cannot be used for any purpose except training. They may not be used against their adversaries.
-They will be equipped with Special Ops ID.
-Names of the ships must be clearly different to emphasize their special role; ie BAF|Trainer.001
-Restricted to GB or smaller size.

While not strictly necessary, the faction could host an event of some sort, with the capture or defection of the pilot and his ship being the central theme.
The part in bold leads to my question:

Must you have purchased (by purchased I mean paid the 1 billion credits) the system before the faction can use this right? The idea of having a Guard system could mean having access to one without paying, or with paying and therefore it belonging to the Player Faction, but I'm not sure which is meant here.

Probably the buying of the system, which is depressing for poor old me.
As a non-admin, I'd say that that's exactly what it says right there. So, yes, I believe so.
If your official faction happens to own a guard system, then this would apply for you. For example, the HAF at this time are not official, so they could not have training ships in a Corsair Guard system. The Benitez family IS official, so they COULD have training ships in a Corsair Guard system.
The question is not whether or not they need to be official, but whether or not an official faction needs to own its own guard system. Specifically, do the RFP need to buy Halle before they can use FR7?
' Wrote:The question is not whether or not they need to be official, but whether or not an official faction needs to own its own guard system. Specifically, do the RFP need to buy Halle before they can use FR7?
Exactly. Oops, kinda let this thread die without getting an answer.
I believe a guard system has to be owned.
' Wrote:If your official faction happens to own a guard system, then this would apply for you. For example, the HAF at this time are not official, so they could not have training ships in a Corsair Guard system. The Benitez family IS official, so they COULD have training ships in a Corsair Guard system.
Benitez own non-Guard system. At least, I mean NPCs and bases there don't have Corsair Guard IFF.

So they have to use Omicron-91, the Brotherhood system?
No, we can use our own system. It may have standard npc's in it but I believe (and I'm willing to accept contradiction here) all normal guard system laws prevail there regarding us in 94 (and TBH in 91 for example).
Omicron 94 is listed as a Guard system on my files.

And as far as the RFP is concerned - you're not official, so while Halle is a Guard system, technically it's not 'YOUR' Guard system. The FR 7 right applies to official factions only.

' Wrote:And as far as the RFP is concerned - you're not official, so while Halle is a Guard system, technically it's not 'YOUR' Guard system. The FR 7 right applies to official factions only.
The RFP is an official faction, and has been for quite some time. Or do you mean on our ownership of the system?