Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Give Freelancers some green/purple cells?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right, people,

You may say I could be a damned lolvhut looking for a quick and cheap way to be using those 1337 outkazst with 2500 dps as a mere Freelancer, but that is beyond the case.

Civilian guns are horrible. You have no way to undermine that fact. The time it takes during ANY form of combat to punch through an enemy's hull with flashpoints/PG's is despicable compared to ANY faction's 4.00 guns. Any freelancer that isn't hauling codes and is in a fight will ALWAYS be underpowered and vulnerable unless they are some piloting god. The current guns a Freelancer can use without requests are

Codenames.

Civi guns

Gallic guns in Gallia.

Class 8 House guns.

2 Of these are certain deathtraps.

On the other hand, I feel that it would be amazing if Freelancers could have some of those ugly, disappointing white cells turned into purple. Some fascinating volunteers of this would be the IMG, GMG, and other assorted organizations.
humm, Civilian guns are supposed to be bad ,there a class lower than most other lazers.
' Wrote:humm, Civilian guns are supposed to be bad ,there a class lower than most other lazers.
Despite repeating what I just mentioned in the first post, I will completely regard what you just typed as something meaningful and contributing to the conversation.

Thank you.
sorry about that but what about the purple godess,it might look similar.
Zoner Furies, Debilitators, Codenames.

You've got plenty right there.

Want more? Get permission from a faction to use their weaponry.

The time you spend complaining could be spent getting that permission, then you wouldn't need to complain.
' Wrote:sorry about that but what about the purple godess,it might look similar.

Purple Goddess: The best guns you aren't using!

HOPEFULLY there will be some civilian 4.00s and 3.03s in the next release. I've seen several proposals for their creation before, I hope one of them at least passed to see 4.86.

Besides, the IMG, GMG and such tech used to be purple, maybe even green that I recall. It obviously got changed with a reason and I have severe doubts about any of them being changed back (the reason obviously being the usual "A Freelancer using YOUR GUNS ATTACKED US! IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO OVERTHROW OUR NEUTRAL TIES!!!1111").

And yeah, I myself despise codies, since RP-wise Freelancers and civilians shouldn't really be able to afford getting their hands on 'superior' technology.
' Wrote:And yeah, I myself despise codies, since RP-wise Freelancers and civilians shouldn't really be able to afford getting their hands on 'superior' technology.
You know, a large number of those codes are approaching twenty years old now.

Just a thought.
Role playing in the vary least in making a request to use some guns or acquire some guns not otherwise available at space mart is what their trying to facilitate here.

Also joining and keeping a faction going im sure was the other point to it all. There are other servers with less restrictions on the weapons as well.

As for the "time you used to complain here can be used else ware."

Did you just spend time on complaining about a complaint?

Now thats funny.
' Wrote:Zoner Furies, Debilitators, Codenames.

I'm not gonna argue about Flashpoints, PGs and Furies, but;
Codenames?! My Major problem with these threads. Whenever Someone says "Freelancers need weapo-" Everyone shout "CODIES!!!!" Before he is finished... Help me get 4 Codes on my Freelancer then!

Also, having Techs from Other Factions changing into Green or Purple wont solve the problem. We just need more Civilian Weapons! My Freelancer spends all his time deep in Border Worlds. InRP, he doesn't even know anyone to ask them for their guns - And even if he Did, he wouldn't, cause he wouldn't be an "Independent" Explorer anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3