Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Reinstallation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Well, you can have a laugh at this one ...

I had a fight with my girl friend the other night about the number of hours I spend playing Discovery. In a fit of anger I uninstalled Discovery and the save games to prove my integrity. Well, I should have slept on it ... it turned out the fight wasn't really about the number of hours I play Discovery. Yes, it was a stupid thing to do.

I'm planning on reinstalling. Is my character gone (I only have one character)? I've been wondering how my local PC links to the character on the server. Is there some data stored on my local PC that represents my character on the server? If it's gone, can I get it back?

Humbled,
J.
Quote:I'm planning on reinstalling. Is my character gone (I only have one character)? I've been wondering how my local PC links to the character on the server. Is there some data stored on my local PC that represents my character on the server? If it's gone, can I get it back?

Well your Freelancer account ID is stored in your registry. If you selected the option "delete user data, saved games.." upon uninstalling it would have cleared the registry of all things Freelancer.

But im sure if you talk to one of the admins they could find out what id your character is stored under on the server, then they could give it to you. And all you have to do is type it in THE FIRST TIME YOU SELECT MULTIPLAYER when you have reinstalled.

I might be wrong but its worth a shot.
Thanks. Sounds promising. How do I contact an admin on the forum?
' Wrote:Thanks. Sounds promising. How do I contact an admin on the forum?

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?act=members these are but some of the admins. just go to their profile and send them a PM.
'sup

welcome, have fun here

[Image: 57989221640114581773.jpg]
I'm back!

Interesting, after re-installing my character was ready to go. I wasn't expecting that.

An admin had kindly set a /movechar code for me in case it didn't go so well.

Back to smuggling ...

Thanks,
J.
Hi there, welcome to back to Discovery have fun!