Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: /confiscate command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Now, I'm sure a lot of people here will have experienced a situation where a smuggler they have been chasing docks with a station to escape being prosecuted because they're carrying something very naughty.

Thus, I propose the /confiscate command.

The /confiscate command will only be accessable to those with Guard IDs, and will empty the hold of a targetted character so long as that player is docked on a station run and/or influenced by the faction of the user

For example, an IMG Guard could use it to strip players docked at Java, but not Cali. LN Guard can use it to strip people docked at Juneau, but not Buffalo, etc.

To avoid abuse, the targetted character will recieve the name of the player who used the command on their HUD, as well as a list of the items confiscated, in the same way they do when people donate money to them, or cash is withdrawn from their account.

The targetted player does not have to be logged in to do this, but they do have to be docked.

This does NOT include unequipped weapons.

I'm kinda worried that this system's kinda easy to abuse, so any feedback would be welcome.

interesting.. but i think that if a IMG is chasing a smugler and then the smugler docks at java oe falkland .. then that smugler is sanctionable? i may be wrong, not sure..
Sanction or FR5.

Making credits is also hard enough as it is.
I guess there's a good reason Juneau was mentioned: artifact smugglers love the place.

Seems a decent idea, if only for a few particularly troublesome bases.
True, but this would be a more in-RP way to deal with them:

"I see you ignored my warnings. Very well. At least the harbour master at [station] will be more... co-operative"

The following cargo items were confiscated by order of [player]:
*1500 Cardamine units
*2 LSF Pilots
*15 H-Fuel units
*1 Cruiser Commander
Why guard ID's only?
i sense abuse. loads of it.
The possibilities for abuse are...rampant, frankly. I actually think it's a really good idea; the problem here is that it makes smuggling much, much more high-risk, and thus it would be wise to increase the profits of smuggling to compensate were it implemented. There would also have to be an addition to the rulebook to prevent its abuse - and frankly, with that in mind I think the devs will declare it more trouble than it's worth. That said, if we could find some way to actually make it safe I think it's a fine idea.
Sounds like a fairly decent idea. I like that you didn't try to make it for official factions only either. You could also make it only target items considered contraband by each faction, which would cut down on the abuse.

Some factions like Corporations don't have Guard IDs though.

Even though I like this idea, my final verdict is that we should not be implimenting game mechanics to substitute roleplay.
If you can roleplay it, no need for a game mechanic.
' Wrote:i sense abuse. loads of it.
That makes two of us. Kill and bury this idea in a hurry.
Pages: 1 2 3 4