Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Carrier Replacement ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Since I already have seen a few great models, which I really would wish to see ingame, I just wanted to ask, if it is actually planned to replace the current Carrier model with 4.86 ?
And if it's planned, is there already a model ?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no. The models are good, but either too much MB, not Freelancer like, not Liberty like, or won't be don't for 8.46.

But that's just what I've gathered from friends and the model threads.
' Wrote:MB

Please elaborate.
' Wrote:Please elaborate.
Megabyte.
MB really isn't important if it's not stupid amounts.

More important is the ship modeller finishing the model and doing the rest of the work, then submitting it.

If no one submits the model, how can it be included?

It really is as simple as putting the model up to download with the various parts all done for it. Or just flinging it to one of the model guru's such as Gurjiv.
I'd submit one of mine, if people actually liked either of them, but seeing they aren't too popular, I'm always trying to make a new one.
' Wrote:The models are good, but either too much MB
I don't know where you get your info from... but most CMP files aren't even a megabyte. The Liberty Dreadnaught is 1,200KB, and most custom models are a fraction of that size (The Zoner Juggernaught is about 400KB)

It's the Mat files that take up space (but even then, only around 1000KB), and since the Liberty Carriers would most likely be using Vanilla Textures, no new mat files would be required. In fact adding a replacement Carrier would remove the need for a custom texture for the Carrier, there by reducing the size of the mod.
Well, I mean. I like it. The RP you can do with such ship....
The model is not that bad, actually there are some really good ideas in it.
But the textures are too low, it has too few details.

If we could get any model guru at least working on that, many discussions would end.
' Wrote:I don't know where you get your info from... but most CMP files aren't even a megabyte. The Liberty Dreadnaught is 1,200KB, and most custom models are a fraction of that size (The Zoner Juggernaught is about 400KB)

It's the Mat files that take up space (but even then, only around 1000KB), and since the Liberty Carriers would most likely be using Vanilla Textures, no new mat files would be required. In fact adding a replacement Carrier would remove the need for a custom texture for the Carrier, there by reducing the size of the mod.

I thought someone said something about the texture of the Liberty Carrier being around 4MB?
My current propositions

[Image: C1.png]

[Image: a3-1.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5