Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Re-Hitbox the Nom Assassin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, a certain somebody once told me that the Nomad Assassin was "Perfectly" hitboxed... And that due to its unique shape and etc, it was just hard to hit...

Now, I've rarely encountered NA's but I recently went to Delta where I found that there are upwards of four of them move about.

I've went and fought a ton of them and I noticed that I can hit them quite easily from the sides which is remarkable considering that on every ship - The shots usually just end up hitting like 2 milimeters behind the engine, when I aim at the red + Crosshair.

But, whenever I fly at them from the front, or the back - And I am right behind them, I notice that the crosshair is to either the top/bottom/sides of the ship. Yet, the ship is flying straight, and I am right behind it. So I fire at the crosshair, and my guns immediately have that "auto-lock" onto it...

They don't hit the ship that is flying straight, instead they fly off to the sides and crisscross firing arcs. I've done this countless times, and I've come to the conclusion that the actual hitbox of the NA is off.

Can anyone confirm/deny this? And if this is confirmed, re-hitbox this so its actually hittable?
' Wrote:Blame Gurjiv.

not really, i didnt do the hitboxes for the nomad ships.

Therefore we now blame Spazzy.
Huzzah!
' Wrote:Beg Gurjiv.

This is more like it.
Funny, most keepers hate the ship because it's a flying brick as big as the broad side of a barn (meaning even the LPI can hit it).

There's a reason we all fly voidrunners 90% of the time, our VHF sucks.
' Wrote:(meaning even the LPI can hit it)
Hey, we're not all crappy pilots...:happy:
' Wrote:Funny, most keepers hate the ship because it's a flying brick as big as the broad side of a barn (meaning even the LPI can hit it).

There's a reason we all fly voidrunners 90% of the time, our VHF sucks.

That's the reason the Phantoms and SCRA hate their VHFs too.
I like the Shadow :|

+0

Oh, this isn't flood? Well then...

The Assassin would be good if you could mount human guns.
But you can't.
' Wrote:"Perfectly" hitboxed

:lol:

[Image: ahitbox.png]

I brought this issue up some time last year.
It actually doesn't even work like on this picture.

Yes the hitbox is very problematic.. that's why it handles rather bad.

So in the end it gets eaten by missiles and nukes.

=================

IF someone makes a proper hitbox => handling can be changed => both sides will be happy.
Pages: 1 2 3