Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: /inspect command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
To address the issues of smugglers flying past house police, going "LOLOLOL u can't catch me" and them speeddocking on a planet, I propose the /inspect command.

What it will do is perform an instant NPC cargo inspection on the targeted ship, with zero time (or a very short time, like 5 seconds) to eject contraband. When smugglers fail such an inspection, then the normal consequences would apply themselves, namely, stations and planets and trade lanes won't let you dock. If the said ship passes inspection, then of course nothing happens.

This command should be available to all house police IDed and IFFed players, and obviously only active in their own respective house (not that house police should really go to other houses anyways).

My first question is: would this command be feasible to implement in the game, as I've described it? I expect only Cannon can answer this question.

My second question is: would people like seeing this command? And going along with that, how might this conceivably be abused?
Cannot make commands work for some,and not other's. So it would be abused by everyone using it,just to make bases shoot at everyone, including police/navy with Pilot's/nomad's and such.
Good idea. That would make the speeddocker red to the planet/station. I would like it.
' Wrote:Cannot make commands work for some,and not other's. So it would be abused by everyone using it,just to make bases shoot at everyone, including police/navy with Pilot's/nomad's and such.

I'm pretty sure this is possible, seeing as how admin commands work for admins but not for the rest of us.
AFAIK, admin commands only work on Admin enabled accounts/characters.
It's probably possible otherwise though, via the IDs.
Whether it's worth the effort? I'm not so sure.
I don't want every man and his dog constantly mashing the keys at every passing ship.
Especially researchers and such which carry 'contraband' legally.
We don't need to encourage NPC like behaviour, I think.
so if there are 180 players on the server, who is going to scan you? the docking ring?

if you drop it and noone will pick it up (since no npc patrols are around) you can just pick it up again and dock.
I would personally prefer this command, if it is possible, to only be implemented on Player Faction ships, so as to attract more people to the Police factions.

But that would be in a perfect world, wouldn't it?
' Wrote:I would personally prefer this command, if it is possible, to only be implemented on Player Faction ships, so as to attract more people to the Police factions.

But that would be in a perfect world, wouldn't it?

Yeah let's give faction player's more power. They REALLY need that.
' Wrote:Yeah let's give faction player's more power. They REALLY need that.

Yeah, we need more power, give us the command! :crazy:

Also , great idea, but NPCs go to sleep when server has many players online.
' Wrote:Yeah let's give faction player's more power. They REALLY need that.
And that's definitely not flames towards factions such as the [LN], am I right?
Pages: 1 2 3 4