Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Feedback and Ideas Wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I took it upon myself to expand this and make it look good so I am asking for ideas, feedback and proof reading.

http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...yer_faction%29#
Yeah, glad to see it get an update. As for feedback, lets see:
  • The High command section doesnt even have the words high command in it or say what it is. It talks about what I assume are the member of the High Command put doesn't even say if that's what they are.
  • Navy Cooperation and Working with LPI could probably both be sub-sections of the diplomacy section, with the table in another section called "General Standing" perhaps...
  • The rumors section kind of rambles from rumors about one thing to those about another with no or little transition between them. I recommend breaking it up into paragraphs or making a list perhaps. Some context about these rumors would be nice to, like where someone might hear them, who might have heard them, etc.
  • Wanted for questioning could use another title, i was thinking something like priority warrants maybe... I dunno..
Now for ideas:
  • You can always use more pictures. Perhaps some of the characters, or just an image that says "Classified". You would definitely want pictures of Trent and Juni though, maybe even a mock up Neural Net add asking for information about them.
  • A history would be really nice. I would think there would be enough info out there to right that, especially with that liberty development document.
  • Departments maybe, but not necessary.
  • Definitely ships. Use the shiplist template.
  • Naming convention is good too so people can identify you on the server.
  • I wouldn't put ranks and roster, they are somewhat superfluous and it would be odd to have listed for a secret service (even considering the wiki is semi-OOC).
Yep, that's all I got, hope that helps.
Keep the banner, in the middle, that is good.

Change the icon though, to something vector, simpler, much simpler.

Something like one of these.
Invert the second reputation column.
' Wrote:Invert the second reputation column.

Hack did the rep sheet, I have no idea how. Same for the profile picture.
Updated high command and rumours
Major edit done also, if any inconsistency in the history let me know
I will start working on it tomorrow.
Someone has edited this and what was wrong with it before and why move the descriptions of the high command to the bottom?
You can check the history (very top area of the page) to see who edited it. In this case it was n00bl3t, PM him to sort it out I guess.
Pages: 1 2 3