Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Arashi - (about 7 days into Discovery)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new to discovery, I haven't played FL since about a year after it original came out. A friend got me
back into it and showed me the discovery mod. Enjoying it immensely.

I'm interested in joining a faction for my two current accounts, but can't find the appropriate information
or place to get that info. Any help would be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arashi - Zoners
(tentative background story for Arashi - This is only a tentative idea, it can be fleshed out after I can
talk to some Zoners to fill in information without contradictions.):

Alex just wants to explore, she has always stared off into space wondering what's out there.
Her parents were both military, she didn't see her father much as he was captain of a battle cruiser,
always out protecting and serving.
Her mother, a Commander, specializing in tactics, worked in the CIC of a dreadnaught in it's home
system where a lucky shot that got through it's defenses wiped out the CIC, killing everyone instantly,
including a Rear Admiral.
She was taken in by her aunt, on her mothers side, who traveled with her husband plying the trade
lanes on the transport Lane Runner.

Her aunt had ties to the military, while her uncle ties were more dubious as well as numerous.

Alex learned many things working for her aunt & uncle; like basic ship maintenance, engine repairs,
deck sweeping, unclogging the zero-gee toilet (Oh how she hated that part), etc...
She excelled at piloting & navigation, she was so good that she became the official pilot at 14 when the
previous pilot retired (involuntarily in a bar fight). When she wasn't plotting courses, piloting the ship or
doing all the other numerous things that never seem to get done, she could be found in one of the turrets,
just starring out into space. She always loved watching staring into the unknown, and really enjoyed the
space storms. A few times she'd get in trouble because she'd plot a course through a storm, instead of
around it. Her uncle getting highly upset because he thought it was to dangerous, that was until Lane
Runner escaped a pirate vessel because she maneuvered the transport through a volatile gas nebulae
without even slowing down, and miraculously without setting off a single explosion. From that day forward
her aunt called her Arashi, meaning Storm, being as how she was always attracted to them, instead of
avoiding them like any other sane person would.

By her 20th Birthday she's saved quite a few credits as the pilot of the Lane Runner but not enough to
get her own ship. But her aunt and uncle had a surprise for her and gave her an old small freighter, they
knew she wanted to explore on her own, but the deal was she had to work for her uncle, until she paid for
the ship. The credits she did save up was enough to get the ship a complete overhaul and upgrade it's defenses.

(fast forward 10 years)

Arashi has made a small fortune, but trading was never what she wanted to do, now she's looking to
purchase something that can be used to explore the dangerous unknown, her uncle had contacts with
a group called "Zoners" and put her in touch with them, now she's waiting to see how the encounter with
the contact goes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FindersKeepers - Junkers
(No background story for FindersKeepers - I don't know the junkers enough):

I've never been good with these things, and I don't know what else to say, hope to see others around
and enjoy some RP.

P.S. I'm Alexandria, you can call me Alex, easier to type.
P.P.S. Yes that's my RL name, NO that's not my first name, and I have 2 middle names.
Ohaidere.
You can find most of the info you need for Faction backstory on the Disco Wiki
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki
Welcome!
Hope you enjoy your time here.
*waves*

hi. read the rules, have fun, dont get a capship instantly and be fair.

bai

^_^
Welcome to Discovery!
I've already seen you in Server once or twice, no interactions though, But it seems you've already started pretty good! As Bob said, Reading Faction Pages on Wiki and also Official Player Factions Info will help in knowing what exactly each faction is. Other than that, I don't think you'll have any other problems, cause even though you say you don't know the Factions much, your background for your Soon-to-be Zoner is pretty good!
But still, If you have any questions, feel free to ask here on forums, or in PM from anyone on This List, We'll be more than glad to help.:)

Also... Good Luck and Enjoy your Stay!;)
Welcome.

Get a capship if you want.

Play nice xD
Welcome aboard, Arashi. I've enjoyed helping you out in server. As previously mentioned, do read the rules and get to know them. To not know them is no excuse if you get caught. Other than that, be kool, have fun and we'll see you around.
Hey, welcome to Discovery, as most of them said, read the rules understand them obey them have fun and see you ingame.
Hello there!

Welcome to Discovery and enjoy your stay here!

And as everybody has said-read the rules.
So you introduced yourself! Good! I look forward to RPing with you soon!

- BHG|Althea.Montoro & others.
' Wrote:Welcome.

Get a capship if you want.

Play nice xD

Playing nice is for the birds.... *hidez*

' Wrote:Welcome aboard, Arashi. I've enjoyed helping you out in server. As previously mentioned, do read the rules and get to know them. To not know them is no excuse if you get caught. Other than that, be kool, have fun and we'll see you around.

Thanks, was lot of help from you... look forward to some RP with you.

' Wrote:So you introduced yourself! Good! I look forward to RPing with you soon!

- BHG|Althea.Montoro & others.

Oh yes.... I look forward to it too.

' Wrote:Ohaidere.
You can find most of the info you need for Faction backstory on the Disco Wiki
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki
Welcome!
Hope you enjoy your time here.

Thanks for the info, and too all the rest that welcomed me and said read the rules... already have, for basic rules.. just trying to find specifics for factions I may join.
Pages: 1 2