Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What's with the balance trends?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you people seriously just push and probe until you get something because you firmly believe Corsairs and Hessians / Outcasts should have same ships, or you just think it's fun to piss off people and modders telling them how all the work they have done is simply not appreciated enough.

I swear, from where I stand, mods seem to be playing sim city 3000. remember that? city looks hot but everyone is whining about some weird ****?

My opinion is that I play something for the sake of roleplay and lore that faction has, not the items and the guns it possess. Quite ironical coming from the Phantom maybe, but I didn't show any interest in them until my roleplay took me that, and even that is not the current issue.

The last "tone down the kusari dessie" thread reminded me of the constant desire for balance, leaving it all to player skills. Nothing personal against you Ashes, actually I think the thread was remarkably well done, the difference of opinion has nothing to do with that, but I must wonder what is the desire to be equal or better than other people? What pushes you from inside so much that you want to "own" that other guy?

man I bet that if order got a new uber carrier with 25 guns and 15000513510 shield that everyone would have one. And if there was an faction, open faction, that has best ships and can fly trough the universe, but had a really crappy backstory, more than 60% of the server would own that ship.
And it's all your fault anyway. Yes, yours. Overcompensating for some other things, dueling and actually listening to other players just because their combat skills are epic, no matter how dumb their ideas are got you exactly where you are.

FFS. Pick a story, then mold the ships and guns towards it. Not vice versa.
And please Bretonians, no matter how cool some of you are, stop trying to win the war. I can't believe it is easier to people to play an addict with severe personality disorder than a "old chap" that's fighting a losing war.

And before you ask, no, I will never play a Bretonian. I play one on forums and hell, good percentage of people her are my Kusari.

EDIT: Wow I'm poetic.

Either way, what's with the balances? What? Epeen?
Bretonian GB looks ugly and eats razors. So what.
6 months ago pirating in ptrans was a lunatic's desire that only few people did.
Now they almost need a nerf according to some.

6 more months and people will whine about the shield levels on certain.. oh no wait. That was already done. >_>
Whenever someone wants to balance something, you can just barge in and say you'd rather balance their mom.

Works for me every time.
Actually, there's nothing wrong with losing the war... it's when the fights are so unbalanced that it's rather hard to win anything in the game itself that people start getting mad at the balancing job.
I point the blame at everyone not balancing the mod.

Why?

Well you give balancing a go.
Balance every ship and weapon in the mod.

Then complain if you feel things should be different in Disco.
its a rolling train now. once, you start, everyone will want to have equal odds.
[Image: couragewolfwhatyoulosti.jpg]
' Wrote:Actually, there's nothing wrong with losing the war... it's when the fights are so unbalanced that it's rather hard to win anything in the game itself that people start getting mad at the balancing job.

Sprolf, I dont think there is one conflict on this server where one side has an overwhelming and unbeatable advantage over the other side. If the Bretonian ships are so bad, how did they win so many of the events between the two factions? Same with the Corsairs and OC, same with the Liberty and Rhineland?

I think that is a testament to the balance team, not something to complain about. Each ship line has its pluses and minus, giving each ship it's own individual flavor while being competitive with other ships of that class.

I think the balance team has done an awesome job, and I think Mjolner needs to stop being the scapegoat every time someone gets killed and they need to have a rant.

I fail to see where it is that Bretonian's are pushing for balance to 'win the war'.

Ashes has nothing to do with Bretonia as far as I can tell, I think it stemmed from arguments around if a ship can be resized or something. The Gunboat thread, again, not started by any prominent Bretonian player, I've never heard of the OP. I guess the case is simply people agreed with both these people, Ashes simply puts forward a reasonble thread with size comparisons that seemed to be agreeable, the gunboat has long been seen as quite ineffective against it's primary target without some pilot skill (which I have seen a lot of) when compared to other gunboats, which with the same skill can be near untouchable by contrast.

Basically, Bretonian players make do with what we've got, and what we've got to fight; it's not entirely hopeless, and mostly has to do with the skill of the players; my personal view is the Gunboat balance is most striking.

So not Bretonian players whining and 'trying to win the war', thank you. This thread's existance might argue the total opposite, why're you QQing about two balance threads? Bizare QQing thread about what you percieve as QQing, a scenario which I find amusing, one that happens a lot on these forums.
this topic is just RIGHT. when was the last time in RL where everything was balanced. obviously in FL we cant have that too much just for game fairness but a lil bit isnt bad right?

i think for all "balancing jobs" we should just make bad pvp ships look like epic-win-awesomness, and the good ones like a floating turd. that'll even out the amount of ships bought with people that pick the coolest ship with the people that pick the best ship. the people that pick based on RP wont really be affected and dont need to be either, we are the good guys:happy:
It's not so much to "balance" ships and equipment as it's to balance them according to use. You beef the lawfuls and everybody will flock to the LN. You beef the unlawfuls and the Outcasts and Corsairs will literally be in ownership of everything along their front. There's no way to balance anything except "realistically", and not only is that subjective but it would also bring about the conclusions made above: the army should be stronger than a band of criminals but get rid of the Rogues' weapons and large ships and suddenly there will be no Rogues.

... I wonder what would happen if you turned off the ability to kill fellow players.
Pages: 1 2