Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rule question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A Zoner, who carrying slaves to malta and cardi to NY:

1. breaks of server rules

2. breaks Id rules (cannot

3. has no problem

I have had a discussion ingame. Please post your opinion. Thanks
Zoner ID cannot smuggle, at least, not in houses.

Also, Zoners do not approve of slavery, Zoners with slaves are either rogue Zoners or OORP.

Zoners doing that route should be sanctionable through ID Rules and Player Behavior (in RP).
Was it a Zoner Guard ID? If so, then yeah.

If not? Still can't be done AFAIK. Zoner ID doesn't allow unlawful actions.

EDIT: Ninjakurawr is about. -.- This post can be deleted.
It was a zoner ID, not guard. It was bad behavior for a zoner, or?
You can use almost every ID to smuggle, as long you dont break any server rules like docking restrictions. Except those, you just need to fear inRP consequences.
While there is no rule saying a Zoner can't carry said items, it will be frowned upon. I think you will find that the Zoner factions will not allow their people to carry slaves or cardi. Indies? Well, that's up to them and yes, I would label them as a "Rogue Zoner." A Zoner who gets caught won't be protected as he/she is subject to the laws of where they get caught.
You'll get only IRP consequences.
Smuggling is unlawful.
Zoner ID prohibits unlawful actions.
I wondered this myself months ago, so I asked Joe. (I'll remove quote if you want Joe.)

Quote:[3/8/2010 9:50:44 PM] ZDF|Cross: Can I ask a question about the Zoner ID?
[3/8/2010 9:51:24 PM] ZDF|Cross: *Cannot participate in any unlawful actions
[3/8/2010 9:51:40 PM] ZDF|Cross: I take that to mean a Zoner cannot smuggle contraband.
[3/8/2010 9:52:08 PM] ZDF|Cross: Unless he stays in the border worlds......where there is no lawful law.
[3/8/2010 9:52:59 PM] ZDF|Cross: So a Zoner ID'd (or Zoner Guard ID'D) BWT (Whale) couldn't per the ID haul cardi, artifacts, counterfeit software within house space.
[3/8/2010 9:53:06 PM] ZDF|Cross: Or am I wrong and reading into it?
[3/8/2010 9:59:22 PM] Joe (Jihad): Uhmmm...
[3/8/2010 9:59:28 PM | Edited 10:01:40 PM] Joe (Jihad): I think smuggling is allowed
[3/8/2010 9:59:29 PM] Joe (Jihad): HOWEVER
[3/8/2010 9:59:38 PM] Joe (Jihad): you can't dock in house space with a zoner guard ID.

Notice he isn't 100% sure himself though. You also can note the fact that some house bounty boards were choke full of Zoners bountied for smuggling, and in my time here I haven't seen a Zoner ID be sanctioned for doing it. Remember that unlawful and lawful are a matter of perspective. Some Zoners use slaves, which I feel is unlawful (my Zoner characters that is) that doesn't mean it is to the Zoner that uses them.
' Wrote:A Zoner, who carrying slaves to malta and cardi to NY:

1. breaks of server rules

2. breaks Id rules (cannot

3. has no problem
I have had a discussion ingame. Please post your opinion. Thanks

Where in the rules does it say zoners cant smuggle ?

Is it RP that would likley get that zoner disliked by other zoners ? Yup.

Is it against the rules ? Nope.
Pages: 1 2