Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Logs From the Maverick.V
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
==DATE--MAY 11 818 AS==
==LOCATION--ABOARD THE +LE+GRANDE.GUILLOTINE-CELL 4A==

*Bret lays on the cot given to him....staring at the floor.....pondering at what he has done...*
Bret:...This is a fine mess I've gotten into...My first day from the IV....and I become a prisoner of a conflict not of my making.......You just had to be curious..Didin't you Bret?.......Oh..I wonder what Orkney is like...Oh look a station!.....Hmm a mine field....Oh look another jump hole...And a system to boot!....More mines...a trade lane...uh oh..unknown Battleship!....Better find different route...Oh look a jump hole...Ill just look around now...Oh whats the on my scanners...+LE+?....Never heard of em....Might be friendly...Nope!...Now look at yourself Bret.....Interrogation...and a comfy cell aboard a ship in which you have no idea on getting out of or when....And now they're going to test my ship for their own purposes.......I'm glad I was able to put out a distress signal to anyone not on the +LE+ Channels before they came aboard.....

*Bret lays down on his cot...and stares at the ceiling light......

Bret:...Now I doubt that anyone will come to save me....*Sniff...Sniff*...Smells like dinner.....Wonder what it is....

*LE solider walks up to Bret's cell...places a tray on the ground...and passes it through the small channel under the cell barrier*

Solider:....Enjoy your meal...Sirian Freak.....

Bret:..Thank you kindly....

*LE soldier walks off....Leaving Bret alone.....*

Bret:..What?...No kind chat during my meal?....

*LE soldier continues his silent walk...and leaves the area*

*Bret looks down at his tray....and opes the cover*

Bret:...Bread....a glass of water....a few carrots..and a half cooked fish....Well...at least they got the fish part right...

==END OF LOG==
The next day, two Legionnaires have a chat infront of this cell.

"So....I heard the Sirian Freak is stationed here?"

[color=#FFFFFF]"Oui, but not for very long...."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I have heard rumors.....from an advisor of Colonel Corentin."

"What did he say?"

"The Lord Mareshal is planning to execute him on the guillotine...and his other 15 scientists aswell."

"Honestly, I can't believe he isn't dead since we first saw him..."

"They need him and his men to test out the Sirian vessel and gather some more information, that's why he's still alive."

"I hope he'll be gone soon. So I finally don't have to bring him any more food, and I can concentrate on more important things....."

"Like cleaning toilets? Hahahahahahha!"

"Very funny....."

The two Legionnaires walk off.

==DATE--MAY 16 818 AS==

*Bret....sweating heavily....continues exercising in his cell....clearing his head from the lack of boredom...*

Bret:...95.......96......97.....98....99.......100........

*Bret drops to the floor......embracing the cool steel.....then rolls onto his back...breathing heavily...*

Bret:....Date....May...16th.....818....AS........days in space....166.....Well....Here I am....still in this cell......Waiting......The guards....still taunt me at times......But I've learned....that they....are not...what I thought they would be........The...Lord Marshal...fines it fun....in a sick way.....to test on me.....with those damned things....he calls machines...

*Bret grinds his claws into the steel....and grits his fangs in anger....

Bret:..A man with...Honor he says....

*Bret pulls off his shirt...throws it on the cot and yells at the barrier....

Bret:...YOUR NO MORE OF A MAN THEN THE BASTARDS WHO MADE ME!!...

*Bret collapses to the floor......and pounds the steel with his fists.....A tear falls to the floor....

Bret:...I don't deserve this fate..........I just want to live......not like some rat in a cage......I want to settle down and live in peace......Hell....mining scrap next to a solar flare is better then this!......I just...want to live in peace......With...Vixen......I want to see what the humans see....when they have a child and watch it grow.....But I'm stuck here.....In this cell....treated like a...a...a.....animal....

*Bret wraps his face with his arms......and screams....

==END OF TRANSMISSION==
==DATE--MAY 22, 818 AS==

*Bret looks out the only window in his cell....and gazes into the beyond....*

Bret:...Date...May 22...I've been in space for 173 days....and it comes down to this...Today...is the day that the Lord Marshal...plans to test the V.......I do not know what will happen....I hope that someone...anyone can help me get out of here......

*Bret tilts his head down...and looks at each of his hands....

Bret:...I regret nothing......Nothing at all in what I have done.....these hands have helped to change who I am...and yet helped me become....what I am today.......

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--MAY 29, 818 AS==

*Bret lays on his cot...staring at the ceiling light....he begins to hear the footsteps of a pair of soldiers coming down the corridor...*

Bret:...Date...May 29...I've been in space for 180 days...due to some reason unknown to me...the Lord Marshal didn't test the ship out....strange....

*The pair of LE soldiers stand next to the barrier of Bret's cell...one of them points his weapon at Bret...as the other deactivates the barrier..*
LE soldier 1:...Your coming with us......
Bret:..Looks like I don't have a choice...
LE Soldier 2:...Not if you want to live past this evening..
*The first LE soldier walks up to Bret and places a pair of cuffs on his hands...
LE soldier 1:...You know the drill....You try to run...these detonate...
*Bret glares at the two soldiers and follows them*

*As they walk down the hallways...Bret turns his head to the soldier behind him*
Bret:...What does the Lord Marshal want that he already doesn't have from me?
LE Soldier 2:..Keep moving...

*The three come to a set of steel doors....and they shove Bret through them into the darkened room...*
Bret:..What the hell was that for!?...
Strange voice:...That should be the least of your worries.....
*Bret looks around the darkened room...his ears twitching in the direction of a pair of footsteps*
Bret:..I know that walk....Am I right...Lord Marshal Enzo?....
*Bret flinches his face when the room suddenly lights up around him.....and there next to the switch...stands the Lord Marshal himself*
Lord Marshal:..Impressive as always....but your presence as of late has been costly to me....So I've decided to take something from you as payment for the time you've stayed here...
Bret:..Like what?....
Lord Marshal:..You'll find out soon enough....You two....Strap him to the table...so we can begin..
*The two LE soldiers behind Bret grab him by his arms and push him over to the table in the center of the room...

*As they strap Bret onto the table...Bret raises his head toward the Lord Marshal..*
Bret:..What do you plan to do this time?.....Tickle me to death?...
*The Lord Marshal walks up to the side of Bret...and punches him in the face..*
Lord Marshal:..Your sad excuse at humor should end once we are finished here.....Now where is that Scientist.....His continuing lateness should be more then a reason to have him executed.....

*Bret jerks his head to the side as the rooms doors swing open.......His eyes widen as he sees the man who's actions and tests have given him nothing but nightmares among his dreams...*
LE Scientist:....Forgive me for ze lateness My Lord..
[Image: 20us7eu.jpg]
LE Scientist:...Is ze patient ready?..
*The scientist walks around Bret lying on the table...and strums a finger down Bret's left arm*
Bret:...You keep the hell away from me......
LE Scientist:...Ohh...Tsk tsk tsk....It looks like ze patient has quite ze temper today...Let's put a smile on zat face of yours....Be honored zat ze Lord Marshal has ordered me to keep you alive...Don't tempt me to do otherwize.....So!...Without furzer interuptions and pleazantriez....let us begin....

*The scientist walks around the table to a desk covered in tools...The Lord Marshal starts walking toward the observation area of the room..*
Lord Marshal:..Enjoy yourself Doctor....I will watch from above....
LE Scientist:..Oh Zank you my Lord....*Bows*...I obey your every command...Now....Let's see....
*The scientist grabs a vial from the table and a syringe...He begins to fill it with a vile blue liquid*
LE Scientist:..This will help to keep you alive....but at the same time...keep you awake in ze procedure....
*Bret cringes in pain as the syringe is injected into his arm*
Bret:..I swear...One day I'm going to kill you for all this...
*The scientist leans forward close to Bret's face*
LE Scientist:...I'm sure you will...but not today....
*Bret snaps his maw at the Scientist....but he is too quick*
LE Scientist:...*chuckles* ...Ohh this zis so exciting....By now you should be feelings the effects of the drug...
*Bret's vision starts to sway...and he rests his head back onto the table*
Bret:..What...did...you give....me....
LE Scientist:...Its a type of sedative in which will allow you to stay awake to an extent...but you still feel pain from this area of your body...Enjoy....
Bret:...You....monster...

*The scientist runs his hands over the many blades on the table...and chooses a small motorized saw*
LE Scientist:...Ready or not....Here it comes...
*Bret hears the motor start up.....and begins to feel the pain from the blade entering his flesh...
Bret:...AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh!.......You son of a *****!.....
*Bret continues screaming as the scientist continues to cut into his arm*

==2 hours later==

*The two LE soldiers drag Bret back to his cell......and lay him down on his cot...*
LE soldier 1:...He looks better this way...now he wont be able to hold a gun.....if he ever gets ahold of one..
*The two leave the cell... and activate the barrier as they leave......Bret turns his head and looks at his left arm....now only a stub from his elbow up remains.....
Bret:...This....is a nightmare......and I'm living it....

==LOCATION--+LE+GRANDE.GUILLOTINE-SCIENCE DECK==

LE Scientist:...The operation zis complete my lord...What do you plan to do with zee...item...
Lord Marshal:..That is of my concern...not yours...
*The scientist leaves the room....and the Lord Marshal goes back to looking at the tank...within it.....Bret's lower left arm floats inside*

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--MAY 30, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--ISLAY BASE--EDINBURGH--MEDICAL WARD==

*Bret lays on a medical bed in one of the wards...sitting halfway up as comfortable as possible...*

Bret:...Date...May 30th...I've been in space for 181 days...My first day of freedom in a month tastes so bittersweet....We were able to reclaim the V and in the process...two pilots were injured...One of them was Council member Nicole Blanchard was shot in the chest...we took her to Reunion as quickly as we could so she could receive medical treatment with her people....Despite being outnumbered.....The Council and SMP fought valiantly...And I am glad for their efforts....

*Bret looks down at the bandages on his arm*

Bret:..I swear...I am going to get back at them for this...But I can't do anything in this state....What am I gonna do......

*Knock....Knock*
*Bret raises his head as he hears a knock at the door*
Gaian Nurse:....Excuse me...but you have visitors...
Bret:..Visitors?....
*Bret raises his head as the door opens and three familiar faces appear*

Miki:..Capn!...Yur all reight!...
*Miki runs and jumps onto Bret...wrapping his arms around his torso*
Bret:..Miki!...OWWW!...Get off me!...
*Ilo walks up behind Miki and pulls him off*
Ilo:..Our Captain is badly injured and malnourished...Give him some time before you try to kill him yourself Miki....
*Miki stands back up and looks at Bret*
Miki:...I'm shory Capn....Its gud tu shee yu again....
*Jenson walks up and lays his hands on Miki shoulders*
Jenson:..Yes...It is good to see him again...Even in his condition...

*Bret looks at the three and a tear begins to run down his face*
Bret:..Its good to see you three.....You don't know how this makes me feel....
Jenson:...We heard about your rescue from the NLH.....and we came here as soon as we could...
*Bret begins to rub his eyes with his hand.....then looks back up at the three...
Bret:...Why isn't Vix with you three?.....Didn't the NLH tell her about me as well?...
*Ilo walks to the foot of Bret's bed and looks down at the floor*
Bret:..What?....Whats wrong?.....Where's Vix?....

Ilo:...There was an incident the other day......We believe she's under a type of nomad infection...The OCV-Ghost-Eye along with two others like yourself and ourselves took her to Planet Toledo...in Omicron Minor.....We took her there for treatment...but she somehow escaped......We don't know where she is now sir....I'm sorry....

*Bret throws off the bed sheets and starts pulling off the medical equipment from his body...Jenson and Ilo rush over to try and put him back onto the bed*
Bret:..Get off of me!...We have to go and find her!...
Jenson:..You are in no condition to do so sir...Now listen to reason...
Bret:..Let me go Jenson!...I am not going to lose her now!...
*Ilo smacks Bret in the face*
Ilo:..You idiot!....You go now and you risk killing yourself the way you are now!....At least let us do what we can until you get better.....

*Bret lays back down onto the bed and looks up at the ceiling*
Bret:...All right....You guys win.....Jenson....I want you to get ahold of Doc Holiday in TAZ....I hear he might be able to help me with something....Until then...Do what you guys can to help find Vix....
Jenson:..Yes sir....Let's go you two...we have work to do...
Miki:..We'l du our bhest sir....Yu ghet better Capn...
Ilo:...All right sir....We'll do what we can...Nurse.....You can come back in now..
*The Nurse walks back in as the three leave*

==2 HOURS LATER==

*Bret stares at the medical equipment near his bed....His ears drooping down....He lifts up his left arm and turns it in different directions*
Bret:...I gain my freedom...but at this cost......I lose my arm....and now....I lose my love..............What am I going to do now?........
*Bret lays his head down onto his pillow....deep tears start rolling down his face....He grabs his maw with his one hand and chokes on the pain and sorrow........His crying can be heard throughout the halls of Islay.............

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--JUNE 1, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--OMEGA-49==
==SHIP ID--MED.FORCE.ONE--RECOVERY WARD==

*Bret begins to wake from his sleep..induced long before the operation*

Bret:...Date...June 1st...I've been in space for 183 days.....and.....

*Bret raises his left arm...and studies the mechanics of the replacement for his lower arm......Then smiles*

Bret:...And this is the first time in a while in which I have felt like this....I feel....almost complete again....Now...all I need is Doc's permission to leave....and I am good to go...Then I can get down to business.....

*Bret chuckles at his thoughts....and then lays back down to rest*
==END OF LOG==
==DATE--JUNE 2, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--OMEGA-49==
==SHIP ID--MED.FORCE.ONE--RECOVERY WARD==

*Bret starts pulling on his jacket and shoes.....He works his new hand carefully so he can tie his boot strings*

Bret:..I'm still not used to this.....At least now I'm able to get back on my ship now......First things first though!...I have to see the guys on Islay..Maybe they can do something with this arm to help me in Gallia...

*Bret walks through the halls of Med.Force.One to the hangar bay.....A shuttle with the two [Cerberus] guards waiting for him...*

[Cerberus] Guard 1:...You ready to go sir?
Bret:..Yeah...Lets go...The faster I get on the V..the better....Once we get on Gran Canaria...You two can go back to your lives.....but for now...just get us to Gran Canaria...
[Cerberus] Guard 1:...Yes sir...
*The shuttle begins to take off from Med.Force.One and heads to Canaria Space port*

==30 MINUTES LATER==
==LOCATION--MAVERICK.V==

*Bret walks onto the elevator on board the Maverick.V*
Bret:...Command deck....
*The elevator shunts upward...then stops a few seconds later*
COMMS:....*Command Deck*....
*Bret raises his head as he sees a familiar scene*
Bret:....Its been far too long.......All right....Let's see if this thing still has it.....
*Bret walks along the ships consoles and begins to pressing certain commands*
Strange Voice:.../If you wish....You can tell me the destination you require to go to\...
*Bret suddenly turns to look for the source of the voice...His ears going in different directions...A small blue orb begins to shine over on the console near his chair*
Bret:....What the heck?....
Strange Voice:.../Do not be alarmed.....I am designated as Naoko...I am the ship's Navigator and Assistant...I was installed by Ilo Takato in case of emergencies and other duties\...
Bret:..All right then.....Better make good use of this.....Plot in a course for Islay then...
Naoko:../Yes Sir....Course plotted....Is there anything else I can do for you?\....
*Bret takes his seat and looks through the ship's forward view*
Bret:...Just get us there as quickly as possible....I have business there...
Naoko:.../Yes Sir....Engaging undocking procedures....and prepping Cruise engines\...
Bret:..Wake me when we get to Islay....
Naoko:.../Yes Sir\...
*Bret rests his head on his shoulder and closes his eyes*

==1 HOUR LATER==
==LOCATION--ISLAY BASE--EDINBURGH==

Gaian Tech:...Your nuts!......Why for the love of Gaia would you want something like that?!
Bret:...That's for me to deal with...Now are you going to do the upgrades or not?...I don't have time to discuss this more then needed...
Gaian Tech:...Yes we can....I just hope you know what your doing....
Bret:..If I'm going to get back at those Gallics....I may have to get close and personal...I don't know how to use a gun....but this will make up for it...The techs from TAZ can did a bit...but I feel it can be pushed more....
Gaian Tech:...All right.....Lay on the table and well get to work......I can't believe that we're doing this....Zoner Technology combined with Gaian...
*Bret walks up to the tech table and lays down on it....looking into the lights above the table....thinking of the future....

==5 HOURS LATER==

Gaian Tech:...That's it....We're done...Now we should go over a few details of the additions to the device the Zoners made and...
*Bret lifts his left arm and fires at one of the nearby tables....creating a charred hole through it*
Bret:...I think I can learn as I go....
[Image: 2hyxy02.jpg]

Bret:...I am finally ready for you Gallic Royals and anyone else who tries it.........

==END OF LOG==
==DATE--JUNE 3, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--ISLAY BASE--ISLAY BAR==

*Bret walks into the small bar...and takes a seat at one of the open stools*
Gaian Bartender:.....What can I get for yah?....
Bret:....SCRA Vodka.....Make it quick...
Gaian Bartender:....Coming right up...
*The Bartender grabs a bottle and shot glass...then places them in front of Bret*
Bret:...Leave the bottle....
Gaian Bartender:..Sir?.....
*Bret points his left arm at the bartender...and prepares to charge a shot*
Bret:...I said....Leave the bottle.....And move away....
*The bartender takes the top off the bottle and backs away.....Bret then grabs the bottle with his right hand...and gulps down about a fifth of it*

Bret:...After all I did for her......After all I went through.....This happens to me......Someone is mocking me for this.....
*Bret takes another swig from the bottle*
Bret:..I never want to see that...heartbreaking...feline..as long as I live!...
*Bret finishes off the bottle of vodka...and throws it at the wall*
Bret:...Bartender...Another bottle!....Now!....
*The bartender walks up with another full bottle and places it in front of Bret*
Bret:...She never had to say what she did....."I don't know who you are."....I don't know what that Alexis pilot did to her.......But I hope she's happy with the damned feline!...
*Bret drinks another portion of the bottle.....and slams it onto the table*
Bret:..."I want you to leave us alone...and never come back".....Bull!....I..I gave more to her then she ever thought.....I-I....got her that damned item from that order pilot.....10 mil...for what...Nothing!....S-She said that.....Never knew me.....
*Bret finishes off the second bottle...then lays his head on the bar*
Bret:.....I travel all the way from Islay to Buffalo....A-and all I get..is a heartbreak for....m-my trip.....So much for love huh?....

==END OF LOG==

==DATE--JUNE 3, 818 AS==
==LOCATION--ORBIT AROUND BARRIER GATE STATION--CORONADO==
==SHIP ID--THE.MAVERICK.V

*Bret sits at his desk in his personal quarters....and stares out the window*

Bret:...I can't believe whats happened in such a short time.......I get drunk off my tail at Islay...then decide to take a joy-ride to Coronado......Oh it was great.....Got drunk some more...and I end up.....Gahh!...I can't believe I did that......I am now the owner of a young lady....Why did I buy her off of that damn broad.....

*Bret walks over to his bed and lays down....putting his right arm behind his...he then detaches the bionic part of his left arm...and places it upon his bedside table*

Bret:....Well...you can't do anything now to change it......Although....She is quite lovely.....despite being only part canine.....And yet...I am not in the mood for anything like that for quite some time now.....I'll let her work off the amount I payed.....she did say she has several useful skills.........In time....she may earn her freedom.....For now though....I'll get some rest....

*Bret tosses his visor to the ground and tries to get some rest*

Bret:...She does however have a nice name........Loreley.....I wonder where she came from...and how that slave trader got ahold of her....But I wont demand her to tell me what her life was......I am not like that.....Even with Vixen's actions......But....That is the past....nothing more...

==END OF LOG==
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6