Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rheinland pirates in need of their own ships?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Unioners and LWB(german FL version) are using civ. Fighters. Its o.k, but Hessians and Bundschuh. All the time i wonder how they are in relation to Outcasts (independent to Discovery).
I think they don't have to use BW Fighters.

This might be a base for the further development of ships.

I'm also confused about the Zoners NPC are using the BW Freighter but Civ. Fighters, while Outcasts NPC never use them.

There is many to discuss about the future ship design for the different factions.
As much as I'd like to see these pirate/terrorist factions get more custom designed ships of their own, I'm a huge huge fan of unlawfuls using captured/subverted ships of their enemies. Modified Rheinland gunboats and bombers for example, or pretty much any freighter/transport (some converted to combat duty as shipping raiders).

The Red Hessians are a sizeable faction with their own ship production capabilities, but it is a certainty that an organization like theirs would make use of captured and customized ships in significant numbers.
Well, they are a group, not a nation. That's why they use civ ships and whatever they can capture.
' Wrote:As much as I'd like to see these pirate/terrorist factions get more custom designed ships of their own, I'm a huge huge fan of unlawfuls using captured/subverted ships of their enemies. Modified Rheinland gunboats and bombers for example, or pretty much any freighter/transport (some converted to combat duty as shipping raiders).

The Red Hessians are a sizeable faction with their own ship production capabilities, but it is a certainty that an organization like theirs would make use of captured and customized ships in significant numbers.

Except that using "stolen" or "captured" ships will earn you the scorn and ridicule of most of the hardcore RP community.
' Wrote:Except that using "stolen" or "captured" ships will earn you the scorn and ridicule of most of the hardcore RP community.
Which is ridiculous since it is "hardcore" RP for a group like the Hessians to have these ships. The problem comes when most rather than a few of the ships flown are "captured", this is when the RP breaks down.

In any case I was advocating these ships be sold at Vogtland perhaps. Example: Red Hessian Gunboat which looks on the outside like a Rheinland GB but has a few differences in configuration - it is techinically a captured vessel but has been refit at Vogtland.

And Korrd, Red Hessians do produce their own Cruisers you know. They're not a scattered bunch of cells, they are a solid organization. Perhaps not a formal "nation" but I don't see how that can matter with their popular support and their facilities.
While one could argue that these major factions should get their own ships, I fear that the situation may escalate. We would want ships for every faction from the hessians to interspace commerce.

Really, I think that the hessian situation is ok for now.
' Wrote:Which is ridiculous since it is "hardcore" RP for a group like the Hessians to have these ships. The problem comes when most rather than a few of the ships flown are "captured", this is when the RP breaks down.

In any case I was advocating these ships be sold at Vogtland perhaps. Example: Red Hessian Gunboat which looks on the outside like a Rheinland GB but has a few differences in configuration - it is techinically a captured vessel but has been refit at Vogtland.

And Korrd, Red Hessians do produce their own Cruisers you know. They're not a scattered bunch of cells, they are a solid organization. Perhaps not a formal "nation" but I don't see how that can matter with their popular support and their facilities.

There's also the down scale version of the Red Hessian Cruiser sold at the Junker base in Omega 15. Pirates (and others) would be more in RP if they obtained captured / junked ships from the Junkers who find wreckage and rebuild them from their corpses into functional down scale versions of the original. I find this would be better RP than claiming you "captured" it. Perhaps in the next beta we can see various faction ships (both lawful and unlawful) able to be purchased at the various Junker bases. This would allow everyone to get the ship they want - but with lesser capabilities of the one actually owned by the faction. The Red Hessian Cruiser in Dresden is slightly more powerful than the one sold in Omega 15. But the one at Omega 15 is pretty much open for anybody to get.

Just my 2 cents.
' Wrote:As much as I'd like to see these pirate/terrorist factions get more custom designed ships of their own, I'm a huge huge fan of unlawfuls using captured/subverted ships of their enemies. Modified Rheinland gunboats and bombers for example, or pretty much any freighter/transport (some converted to combat duty as shipping raiders).

It doesn't seem like it would be very hard to repaint the current Rheinland vessels and change around the weapons hardpoints.

One aspect of balance in many games that I've enjoyed is: Lawfuls have better defense, and Unlawfuls have better offense.
I think it would make sense for the "refurbished" ships to have more weapons slots than the original, but sacrifice armor to make room for the added weapons. It wouldn't have to be anything drastic.
Well the idea of a refurbished RH Bomber available to the pirate factions sounds cool there are a couple issues; if the stats are different, pirates would simply go with the more "kabroken" version of it. Unless rules where made to regulate what ships can be flown with what ID, that is.

Also the refurbished ships will need to be coded into the game as a seperate ship. Now I don't know if this is true, but I got the feeling there is a limit to the number of ships that can be jammed into the Freelancer code. Am I wrong with this assumption?

Additionally, if refurbished versions of non-vanilla ships are to be added, the creators permission would be required before any changes except loadout and stats can be made. And honestly, wouldn't a refurbed Liberty Gunboat have a more rusted/run down skin?

Now I do not support the idea of regulating ship choices by ID, that was just an example. This is just a few observations amde by a guy who wants to get off work now.

Mohr
as far as i know ship number are limited by the bases where they are sold...3 per base...so if u have enough bases you can put in any ship...

that would be logical...but since Microsoft has its fingers in this game....nothing is sure
Pages: 1 2 3