Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Who the Bleep are the TAZ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Wouldn't YOU like to know!!!

...wouldn't you?

Well just cruise on over to our "Faction Status" Blurb, and find out for your bleedin' selves!

(Scroll down, now...)

(Keep scrolling...)

(..the topic anchors used to bloody work!...)

(almost there.. near the bottom..)

(..at least we've made page One now...)

(See, I told you!)

So.. therein lies who the TAZ are, and what we do.. and don't do. (Mostly don't...)

And herein.. this little "annex" if you will, lies recent stuff thingies, such as:

Updates to the main thingie.. The one you had to scroll down forever to read...;

Possible recruitment opportunities.. (We usually pick on people with the most esoteric names, or the most off-the-wall forum posts. You know, the semi-cabbages...);

Other news of Ontological tides and Anarchistic turnings and.. where the bodies are buried.

(If you see links buried in any TAZ communications, proceed at your own risk!)

After, all, if you learn to see ALL the Fnords, we'll have to make you Episkopos, and I'll be out of a job!

Enjoy! Or don't. The Sacred Chao will spin regardless.

23's
Malaclypse for the TAZ
Dr. John Henry Holliday, upkeep.
Application Questionnaire
(Please fill out completely in quintuplicate. No looking at other peoples' answers!)
You will be asked to answer 5 of these question, our choice of which, for your entry into TAZ.

1) Who is Eris?

2) What is a "Fnord?"

3) What is the meaning "5 tons of flax?"

4) State the meaning of the "Hodge and Podge?"

5) State the name of 3 Discordian pioneers?

6) State the "Law of Fives?"

7) What is a Pineal Gland?

8) What is the question that has "mu" as it's answer?

9) Tell us the 3rd rule of the Principle of Discordia?

10) What is the "Sacred Chao?"

11) What does the acronym "POEE" stand for and what does it mean?

12) Who the thud is Greyface?

13) What is the curse of Greyface?

14) What does the Pentagonal form represent in the Sacred Chao?

15) What are the 5 orders of Discordia?

16) What are the 5 basic elements that composed Eris' fruits?

17) What is the Turkey Curse? (No, it isn't the ship flying around with the same name)

While you're at it, ask yourself these questions. We will be!
1) Fill the following template and post it in this thread (Who the Bleep are the TAZ, ie TAZ recruitment thread) :

Quote:-Do you know what you want to roleplay as a Temporary Autonomous Zoner? [color=#FFFFFF](The type here : trader, templar, etc...)

-Do you have a character in mind in which you would like to roleplay? If so, tell us the history and general Roleplay. (Here you explain the character background/history, his mindset, everything related to his story. If you don't have any character in mind, no need to answer anything here)

-Do you have a recommendation from a TAZ? If so, name them. (Note: This is a requirement)

-Will you follow TAZ roleplay guidelines?

-What is your experience? When did you join Discovery?

-Have you roleplayed TAZ before?

-Are you in other factions? If so, name them.

-What will be your level of involvement in TAZ?

Zoner Lore :

-According to you, what is a Zoner? (Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)

-Describe the main asset of a Zoner as compared to others? (Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)

-What is the most important thing for a Zoner in the Sirian community? (Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)

For your convenience, here is the code :
Code:
-[b]Do you know what you want to roleplay as a Temporary Autonomous Zoner? [color=#FFFFFF](The type here : trader, templar, etc...)[/color][/b]

-[b]Do you have a character in mind in which you would like to roleplay? If so, tell us the history and general Roleplay. [color=#FFFFFF](Here you explain the character background/history, his mindset, everything related to his story. If you don't have any character in mind, no need to answer anything here)[/color][/b]

-[b]Do you have a recommendation from a TAZ? If so, name them. (Note: [color=#FF0000]This is a requirement[/color])[/b]

-[b]Will you follow TAZ roleplay guidelines?[/b]

-[b]What is your experience? When did you join Discovery?[/b]

-[b]Have you roleplayed TAZ before?[/b]

-[b]Are you in other factions? If so, name them.[/b]

-[b]What will be your level of involvement in TAZ?[/b]

Zoner Lore :

-[b]According to you, what is a Zoner? [color=#FFFFFF](Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)[/color][/b]

-[b]Describe the main asset of a Zoner as compared to others? [color=#FFFFFF](Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)[/color][/b]

-[b]What is the most important thing for a Zoner in the Sirian community? [color=#FFFFFF](Answer with your own words. No concise answer please. No copy pasta)[/color][/b]

2) Once you have posted here, an internal vote will be issued, during seven days.

Every pope will vote, according to your answers.
That's why your application answers must be well prepared.
Don't rush it!

3) If the results of the vote are positive, you will be asked five Discordian questions.

- We chose the questions for you.
- Answer the questions and PM them to me. Don't post your answer in this thread.

4) Final decision

In the end, we will take a final decision. If you are accepted, you will have a probation period of one month.
During that period, you will carry the TAZ tag, and the (A) tag, marking you as a new recruit.

The template for the char name is [TAZ]<charname OR callsign>(A).

Think carefully now,
Mal
Dr. John Henry Holliday, Upkeeper

Note!!!

The Applicaton Questionaire has changed!

(We have returned to our roots: "Quality" vs "quantity".)

Here are some breadcrumbs for the Pineally-challenged:

The Holy Tome

The Nutshell

Why not "Permanent"?

Dead or Alive?

Another hint: "The ZBT turns better, and I like to be in Factions." is NOT an answer to any question heretofore, currently, or henceforth to be on our Collective Discordian Mind.

Regards,
Mal
Faction Status updated.

Added Moira Waverly, aka Moira Kentigearna, due to her engagement and pending marriage to Reginald Asmodeus Waverly.

Is it time to change the Answers yet..?

Mal
1. The Eristic Principle is one of apparent disorder.
2. The Aneristic Principle is one of apparent order.
3. Flaxscrip is a private currency made to avoid the use of government notes. Its also the only answer you need to a philosophical question.
4. the "Schrodinger's Cat' trilogy approaches parallel realities from different theories of quantum physics, while using common illuminati/Discordian memes regarding metaphysics/high weirdness.
5.Hakim Bey, Robert Anton Wilson, Robert Shea, Nietzsche, Gregory Hill.

My 5 tons!

Eddie wants back in. I think there's a cabbage rotting in my locker at Shasta... I may still need it.
Eddie...

Eddie...?

Oh, yeah!

Eris shuffles the deck and cuts another Joker!

Umm.. we cleaned out your locker, and replaced the cabbage with a Zukeenee.

However, there's an old milk carton and an army surplus cot down in the sludge pumping compartment. You're welcome to crash there for now, Eddie.

And, either you remembered your Catmachism, or you cheated.

Time to change the bloody questionnaire at any rate.

Shippy name? I seem to have forgotten that too. And spin up a transponder.. Your siggy looks awful!

23's
Mal
Sirians, we need Popes to spread the word of Eris. All that is really needed is a good, clearn pineal and the acceptance of a little discord. Malcalypse hasn't been around much but if I think you're a good fit, I'll let ya in!

Mind you, we are Zoners but don't mind a little.......craziness from time to time!
Someone mention Cabbage?

You may call me Poxley the Third (as the first and second were taken).

(or not).

Your questions reek of Aneristicism but I shall answer them for the sake of argument. (or not).

1) What is the "Eristic Principle"?
That would depend on your point of view vesus my (obviously better) point of view as I CONSIDER MY POINT OF VIEW to be a haven of perspective whereas you point of view, whatever it may be, is utterly nonsensical at best!

2) What is the "Aneristic Principle"?
Apparently you're the boss.. you tell me!

3) What is the geneolagy of the Discordian use of "Flaxscrip" as a form of legal tender?
Geneology? Surely something that has but one forefather should not qualify for the term 'Geneology'. Unless of course the 'a' in your perceived spelling of the word changes it's meaning to a singular lineage.
That said. The answer to your question (as I perceive it): It would be a replacement for government currencies. I must add though, that Flaxscript would be useless unless it was legally interchangeable with the currencies it professes to replace. Unless of course, we consider barter to be a silly notion. (which it may well be!) but this is a naive Aneristic view of things and Flaxscript may well be the question to our answers!

4) What is a "Trick Top Hat"? Present a treatise on which two branches of Science and/or Metaphysics it represents.

As I am sure the Rev.Dr Jon Swabey would agree (or not) I feel that reading is for the uninformed!

5) List five Discordian non-Prophets.
Me, you and three other Poops. Plus what P Funk said up there!

There's a lot of order for such order and much information to tax the humor hereabouts. I feel all this Discord leaning towards a paradoxial meltdown!

My Cabbage is fried.
I go to rest now!
COM ID: [TAZ]Kyte

Well wonderful to see our numbers growing. My cabbage was boiled long ago, and it was Mal that actually rescued me from a life of quiet order. Sister [TAZ]Guard Fyre also sends greetings. Be most well and keep a lil chaos in your life.

23's

Kyte
Welcome aboard, Poxley.

*grabs rubber stamp at the corner of his desk and stamps the application*

Approved!

We will have some robes for you in a few days once they are made to your specs. In the meantime, visit the TAZ message dump, introduce yourself and let us know what your flyin' and such.

If you need it, quarter is available in Baffin.

-Doc
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23