Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rollback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

:( I has been working ALL day getting credits, then suddenly i get this message;

"There will be a rollback in 2 minutes. All your work today was just a dream!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

*Faints*

// Why is there no :cry: smilies?
Aye ... lost about 60 mil that I traded in, too.

Oh well, better off than those other who almost lost their battleships and stuff.
I lost 70m that i worked hard for. :mellow:
They were to pay for a loan..
Well, that sure is fun.

I just wonder whether the missing ships stuff happens again.
Whew, glad I still have my ~80m I traded last night, heh... That'd be a disaster.

So.. There is no way im getting a refund for those 69m i lost?
Yeah, it was 69 my mistake.

Please...? :mellow:

Owait, that would end in total chaos...
Everyone would want their monies back. :lol:
These things happen, it's a small price to pay for the greater good of the server, believe me.
Think of it like a save file in a game.
You play for 10 hours, all is grand and you save the game.
You play for 30 hours, the files are slightly odd.
You play for 50 hours, it is corrupted/too silly.

Consider that the cause of the corruption was most likely the stuff at 30 hours, you'll have to revert to the 10 hour save file. That's a lot of stuff down the drain.

So while you may lose stuff in the short term, it's to stop you losing everything in the long term.

Or something like that >.>
A friend of mine started playing again short before the rollback and neither he, nor me noticed, that there would be a rollback. I lost loads of money, he almost all his ships. Since my motivation is gone, I'm just gonna sit here and wait, till it happens. It sure would be nice to have the ammount of time until the rollback though, even if its only a rough estimation. Well I guess, we'll just keep planing until it happens. I hope, its not more that 3 weeks or so...
[Image: aIaFk.gif]

Here lies a thread from over three years ago. It stays there.