Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Red Dead Redemption or Dragon Age Origins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Which one do you think is better? I'm leaning towards Red Dead Redemption, but i haven't exactly seen the gameplay of DAO... So.. I could use some help.

Thanks dudes.
Peace.
I just got RDR 3 days ago.. and I must say it amazes me. Dragon Age is also dandy dude, so it's a hard decision to make. I'd go for Red Dead... for me, the best open world game so far (hands down).
Red dead redemption. Unless you REALLY like 90 hour main story gameplay...
Ya, i just checked some stuff out on Youtube and RDR looks amazing. Like.. awesomely amazing.. So hows the free roaming multiplayer, btw?

' Wrote:Red dead redemption. Unless you REALLY like 90 hour main story gameplay...
Oh i just adore it. XD

Not really.
RDR is an amazing game. It is an open world game and not the common "I rush through the levels" kind of game. A lot of people do that without enjoying the environment and the setting. Then these people complain about the bad game.

It is awesome if you can lose yourself inside the world and that should be easy as a roleplayer (since you are here I assume you are into this kind of stuff)

On the other hand the game missed to pick up this possibility to combine a GTA open world game with the depth of a game like Oblivion regarding the role play possibilities. But again, its more like a GTA thing aimed for a faster game play, not the role play.
Wish there were a couple more options in Red Dead, little things that would give the game that edge that makes you go Zomg.

But, tis a great game. Honestly can't get bored of hogtying various things and putting them infront of trains.

Great fun reliving the old cowboy stories of the damsel in distress on the train track, with the lawmen trying to save her.
The ending is a little different though, the damsel tends to go squish.
Ya i think i'm going with RDR. Dragon Age Origins doesn't look as promising.
Another Question: Are there random encounters, like in fallout 3?

' Wrote:RDR is an amazing game. It is an open world game and not the common "I rush through the levels" kind of game. A lot of people do that without enjoying the environment and the setting. Then these people complain about the bad game.

It is awesome if you can lose yourself inside the world and that should be easy as a roleplayer (since you are here I assume you are into this kind of stuff)

On the other hand the game missed to pick up this possibility to combine a GTA open world game with the depth of a game like Oblivion regarding the role play possibilities. But again, its more like a GTA thing aimed for a faster game play, not the role play.
Well, if you would look at the links in my sig.. i think that says how i feel about RP. (Especially FL):P
Soo.. can you be good or bad like in Oblivion? Or are you a vigilante the whole time?

' Wrote:Wish there were a couple more options in Red Dead, little things that would give the game that edge that makes you go Zomg.

But, tis a great game. Honestly can't get bored of hogtying various things and putting them infront of trains.

Great fun reliving the old cowboy stories of the damsel in distress on the train track, with the lawmen trying to save her.
The ending is a little different though, the damsel tends to go squish.
I was once in front of a train... *shivers*
I've yet to play a demo or see anything other than the commercials, but RDR is the main reason I am buying a console system next month.

I'm a sucker for the old west motief, ever since "Deadwood"
Quote: Another Question: Are there random encounters, like in fallout 3?

Yup, there are tons of random little missions. For example, you're riding along the street and someone calls for help. His wife got abducted and you can save her. Thing's like that and many more.
' Wrote:I've yet to play a demo or see anything other than the commercials, but RDR is the main reason I am buying a console system next month.

I'm a sucker for the old west motief, ever since "Deadwood"
Dude. Get an Xbox 360. Get LIVE. Then PM me.:P
Pages: 1 2 3