Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kansai Research Station
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here is a part of Kansei Research Station's inforcard:

Kansei is a highly prestigious posting for Kishiro scientists fresh out of New Tokyo University, though the security measures can be rather daunting, and the Kusari Naval Forces have constant patrols coupled with heavy weapons platforms and the defensive minefield. The Blood Dragons pose the biggest threat to the facility, frequently launching raids, though the HOGOSHA and even the Golden Chrysanthemums have been known to attack it on occasion.

First, it seems that Kusari is more surprised about the GC attacking it than the Hogosha attacking a military installation run by Kishiro. Second, it looks bad for Blood Dragon players who claim they're best buddies of Kishiro, since they well, y'know, attack their most prestigious installation a lot it seems.

I'm wondering, as a sort of veteran Hogoshan player, why would we attack Kansai, and why would the Blood Dragons do so as well, if they're so close to Kishiro? If they were this close of them, they could just ask for them to share some of their technologies or something. I'm really not sure about the Dragon part, but I'm really confused about why would the Hogs attack it.
Well i always thought that the Hogosha were firmly on Samura's side, and with the rivalry being so deep-rooted in Kusari, i would think that they wouldnt be above using third parties to attack eachothers stations, especially valuable research stations, which could lead to one side gaining a corporate advantage

While the GC i would immagine not being much interested in the station, as destroying it would not really further their cause, hence the strangeness.
NPCs havent been behaving as I expect them to alot recently.

I was watching Hogosha and Farmers Alliance fighters fighting eachother furiously, and in large numbers, outside of Yukawa shipyard. Just Odd.

In all actuality I dont see why the Hogosha would attack Kansei at all, its not making them any money, and Kansei isnt a threat to them.
If the Hogosha were paid by someone to attack it - they might well attack it.

There also seems to be some confusion as to the relationship between Kishiro and the Blood Dragons.

The Dragons are not Kishiro's 'best buddies' - you will have to look to the GMG for that.

Kishiro is simply a low-priority target when compared with Samura.
It's written on the Hogosha ID that we can't attack KNF, KSP or Samura. Kenpai is a military installation.
First both Kishiro and Samura are loyal to the kusari krown.
And the Farmer Alliance is next to owned by Samura, the Hogosha might prefere them just because Samura is the more traditional and nationalistic corporation, things the Hogosha value, while Kishiro is more modern, and open to outsiders like the GMG and even Liberty Corporations.

The GC are supposed to be a small group with little support, so ist unlikely they can pull together the forces for a big attack on a heaviely guarded installation. Both the GC and the Blooddragons might prefere to hit on Samura, because that corporation embodys all they hate and fight, but Kishiro is only little better (in their eyes), and may even be spared, if they pay a ransom.
' Wrote:First both Kishiro and Samura are loyal to the kusari krown.
And the Farmer Alliance is next to owned by Samura, the Hogosha might prefere them just because Samura is the more traditional and nationalistic corporation, things the Hogosha value, while Kishiro is more modern, and open to outsiders like the GMG and even Liberty Corporations.

Actually, if you check at the roots of the Hogoshas, Samura created them as a mean of getting rid of competition, but I still doubt they'd attack a military station financed by Samura's rival.
I've seen KSP bases attacking KSP.

NPC reps really mess things up, especially in Kusari.
Weird stuff happens.
' Wrote:I've seen KSP bases attacking KSP.

NPC reps really mess things up, especially in Kusari.
Weird stuff happens.

I've seen LPI patrols attacking Dreadnought patrols because they wouldn't drop their fleet admirals.
' Wrote:NPC reps really mess things up, especially in Kusari.
Weird stuff happens.

Agreed, Kusari is stupid for NPCs.
Pages: 1 2 3