Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
my name is Andrea, I'm Italian but living in Belgium and I have downloaded and installed Discovery some days ago.
Having loved very much Freelancer, I was looking for mods and I found discovery which seems to be very interesting and well done. I'm looking forward black prophecy.
The people I found on the net were very kind and available to give advices.

The only thing I don't like in this mod is the aim: aiming enemies is really hard and frustrating - sometimes it takes ages to kill someone. I understand it is a matter of practise but the enemies are flying zig-zag all the time which doesn't make much sense... what do you think?

Cheers,
Andrea
Welcome to Discovery!
So you're an Outcast, eh?:P(Speaking Italian and all) And last thing first, Enemies - If you mean Other Players - flying Zig-Zag is either because they are too good at Dodging, or You lag! And if you mean the NPCs - The Bots, you know -, it's because you lag! Type /ping while on server and you'll see if you have any lags. But anyways, Good thing about this server is its an RP Server, and you still can RP with 600ms ping and 10% lag! So, Enjoy the RP!;)

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Community & Forum Rules
    - Aside from this link, there are certain rules for each Sub-Forum as well. You can find those in pinned threads of each Sub-forum.
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID ? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment ? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
If you have any questions, or need help, You can always contact anyone from This List,
And when In Game, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)
Hi Andrea, if you want to speak to fellow Italians, contact in private me or Valinor and we'll be glad to help you out.
Saluti Andrea! I hope you will like our community.
Good luck in game, it will be hard for first steps, but if you train hard, you'll reach your goals. Remember, in Discovery RP 24/7 server you can play as trader, so fightings is not necessary.
Don't forget to create great story, and make your character epic.

Good luck, see you in space.

Chev
Hello, welcome!
Hei thanks a lot everyone for this warm welcome! See you in space!