Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Resolution issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well it started when I installed win7 64bit.

You know how when you have you screen reslution at say 1280, but you open up a program such as Freelancer that has been set to 1024, the screen adjusts and stretchs or fills to fit the screen. Since FL doesn't seem to do widescreen it'll fit vertically. But for some reason for both programs and the desktop if their resolution is lower than the max/reccomended setting for the monitor the picture will center and leave black bars around both the x and y axis.

This wasn't happening before and I haven't done anything in particular other than install 7 64 bit..
Use -dx extension at the end of shortcut to fix it
ok but it also plagues my desktop too anything smaller than the highest reslution with center and fit rather the fit as best as possible.
Try looking for scaling option either on your monitors settings (Probably under image or something like that) Or under your videocard Driver control panel. You can usually access the videocard control panel via right clicking on the desktop and looking for 'Nvidia control something' or 'ATI Control something'. Also try setting your desktop resolution to the recommended settings.

If you can tell me your Videocard and Monitor, I might be able to be a bit more descriptive. An easy way to determine your type of videocard is to right click on the desktop, go 'Properties' then go to the settings tab. There should be a drop down box, with 'Plug and play monitor on <Videocard>' just under the picture showing your monitor(s).

Hope this is of some help.
Dragonego.

Display adapter: Nvidia GeFore GTS 250

Monitor: Acer P235H

Funny thing though it wasn't doing this until I install Win7 64 bit.
Simple. Right-click on desktop, choose "nvidia control panel" . Then go to "Display->Setup Display size and position". Here you can select how the display should scale non-standard resolutions. Choose either "Use nvidia scaling" or "use display scaling" for best results in most scenarios.

The options might be labeled a bit different, my menu is in German and I'm not sure how exactly they are labeled in English:).
nothing.
Any more ideas?
ello?