Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Possible Bountys misunderstanding poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
See here for the thread that sparked this allspark.

See poll. Vote first. Say something if you want to. The poll questions should be simple enough to understand to get a good participate cross section of opinion.

This is an opinion poll, nothing more. I know my side, however, I think the question is fair.

----

My support for my vote. I say the killer only has the kill ownership.
It's a specific pvp action between the killed and killer.
Politics enters when the poster claims kill ownership. I prefer simplicity.
Having the decision between only the killed and killer keeps it simple, so that there is no question on who can allow reentry to the system.
Simple also attempts to eliminate an abuse of the bounty system, of bounting someone simply for the reason you want them out of the system. That's a metagame (person to person) reason and shouldn't be allowed as a valid reason for bounty posting. The only valid reasons for a bounty kill should be between character to character, not person to person.

IMHO.
Since the poster of the bounty isn't online in 95% of the kills that were sparked though bounties, its the killer who should be asked for permission to stay in the System.
Killer.

He made the Kill, he took up responsibility, in a mistake, he'd get sanctioned.

The bounty payer just wants that person dead, heck, Corps put out bounties on all sorts of criminals, but they never get done for murder, or obstructing the law if the Merc taking it did so.
' Wrote:Killer.

He made the Kill, he took up responsibility, in a mistake, he'd get sanctioned.

The bounty payer just wants that person dead, heck, Corps put out bounties on all sorts of criminals, but they never get done for murder, or obstructing the law if the Merc taking it did so.

Well that's what makes it interesting. One of the laws of liberty that LPI uphold is that you aren't allowed to kill someone else. If I spot a bounty hunter or mercenary taking down a civilian or liberty citizen in my LPI char, I attempt to stop the attempted murder & assault. So it could end up that bounty hunters themselves become criminals, if they do it the "wrong way". (That usually means visiblly.)
The laws of Liberty are not the laws of the server.

The person that made the kill shot - or in the case of a group combat, the group - gets to decide whether or not the person can come back into the sector if he asks to do so.

He who shoots the guns is the killer, as far as server rules go.

In-RP you can handle it differently.

Edit@Agmen: Do the admins have a .ninja command now?
' Wrote:He who shoots the guns is the killer, as far as server rules go.

In-RP you can handle it differently.

Edit@Agmen: Do the admins have a .ninja command now?

No, but we do have an edit command available... :)

' Wrote:The laws of Liberty are not the laws of the server.

The person that made the kill shot - or in the case of a group combat, the group - gets to decide whether or not the person can come back into the sector if he asks to do so.

I understand that. I wasn't implying anything different.
I just pointed out that a liberty bounty hunter can turn liberty *criminal* if he flouts "Liberty Law" in front of an officer.
Server law (as far as I understand) is that the killer is the one who can be claim the kill and all responsibilites thereof. As far as I'm concerned, I see no reason for a bounty poster to claim the kill. For any reason, metagame reason or actual valid RP reason.
Although the killer is the one that owns the kill, the bounty issuer should be able to set the conditions of the claim to deny the mark premature re-entry. Usually, the point of a bounty is to cause as much inconvenience as possible - and the payer should get as much bang for his buck as possible.
' Wrote:Although the killer is the one that owns the kill, the bounty issuer should be able to set the conditions of the claim to deny the mark premature re-entry.
No he shouldn't. Bounties are part of RP. Premature re-entry is an OORP arrangement.

I do so hate repeating myself.