Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is Gallia a larger threat than the Nomads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I feel right now, Gallia is a much more serious threat than the Nomads are.

While the Nomads have the ability and are constantly infecting and controlling people, due to the result of the Nomad War, they are currently in a very bad position, and are still trying to gain their momentum. It will be several years before they will be able to attempt an invasion. Whether or not they can even attempt an invasion of Sirius remains questionable, especially since they never technically invaded Sirius in the Nomad War, they simply infected the Sirius governments and got them to fight each other till they were weak enough for the Nomads to come in and mop up the rest.

Gallia on the other hand is very much well prepared for an invasion, having a larger and much more powerful navy and military than the whole of Sirius combined. According to 4.86 lore, they were even able to push through the Taus in a single blow, and simply go past the Council as well.

Basically, currently Gallia is a much larger threat than the Nomads in my opinion, however, it could change in the future where the Nomads may be prepared to strike Sirius with a fatal blow once again.

Who knows, may the Phantoms could take over Sirius one day :mellow:
I believe that the Angels are the biggest threat to Sirius. Just look at them. A bunch of namby-pamby goody-two-shoes "helping" people... just waiting for the right moment to invade from their alternate dimension...
If gallians were the humans they pose to be, they would be a smaller threat than nomads since nomads want to kill all humanity and gallians just want you to eat cheese and drink wine and stop shaving your armpits and read Moliere and sing "alons enfants de la patriiiiiieeeeee".

But, alas, it is not so.

Think about it.

French people building a functioning overpowered interstellar empire?

Impossible!

They couldnt even get a sleepership to Sirius properly.

No. Who you think are gallians are really a bunch of people infected and directed by nomads, who are to be used as cannon fodder like the Rheinlanders were.

The threat is one and the same.
Is gallia a threat?

Yes

Is the Nomads a threat?

Yes

Which is the bigger?

Well, which can amass an fleet of uncountable battleships and cruisers?

Gallia

Which of the two has the most advanced technologies?

Depending, in some ways, it's obviously Nomads as they have ancient technologies...

On the other hand, the Nomads are limited, at least so I believe.

In the end, the biggest threat is Gallia, cause they have such a large advanced fleet.

Do I think it makes sense?

Well, yes and no.. Heh, if that even makes sense.
Stop flaming the French, they did invade all Europe at some point. And even more.

I voted Gallia. Even if the Nomads were the true menace in vanilla, it seems Gallia is the strong opponent in Disco.

But it won't be a proper threat IMO. I think every player will set a Bretonian char and enjoy being the underdog rising to the stars. French will utterly get pwned by the "Coalition", like two hundred years ago (bad choice of word though).

That said, I don't find this poll very useful, I just wanted to support Gallia, for some reason.

lol

Funny thread is funny..
You know what's a threat? Raging pagans. Especially when you start posting game related threads in a non game related section of the forums.
Yes it is, Nomads don't like cheese, we have a lot of cheese, nomads are actually afraid of cheese, Gallic people aren't, they want to eat our cheese. But after the Gallic people eat our cheese nomads won't be afraid or nothing and they will eat cheesy Gallic people.. Nuff said
Depends on what view you look at this. Do the Gallic even know about the nomads?

As a civilian:
You would see Gallia as a bigger threat, since normal civilians know nothing to almost nothing of the nomads.

From a Sirius admiral point of view:
The nomads seem to be contained. Gallia ain't. So it's Gallia
' Wrote:Depends on what view you look at this. Do the Gallic even know about the nomads?

As a civilian:
You would see Gallia as a bigger threat, since normal civilians know nothing to almost nothing of the nomads.

From a Sirius admiral point of view:
The nomads seem to be contained. Gallia ain't. So it's Gallia
Yes, they do. Read more about Gallia to find out.

Nomads POV : Humans are in our home. We don't want them all dead, we want all of them gone. If we have to kill them then so be it.
Gallic POV : Two out of the four are traitors. We have traitors. We'll take the traitors.

You do the math.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7