Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi, I'm new and I would really like to get started playing with you guys.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been dying to get online with freelancer, with discovery like back in the day but for some reason I can't even connect to the internet, can anyone help me out? I'm up to date on the mod and everything, nothin shows up in my list.
Riiiiiight.

Question one: Do you have an internet connection?

Yes?

Question two: Have you installed the Discovery 4.85 mod and activated it via FLMM?

Yes?

Question three: Have you launched the game via the Discovery shortcut in the Freelancer file in your C drive?
Erm, It's probably the firewall or antivirus blocking it... I had the same problem.

Well, I can't really help you there, but if you'd post here what firewall/antivirus programs you use, some here could surely help you there.
Oh I see, I'll be more specific I'm sorry.
I have installed Discovery 4.85 with the FLMM, then opened FLMM.(Which I downloaded with my INTERNET)
I then Clicked discovery mod and clicked activate then in "file" I clicked launch freelancer. Everything seems to be working fine when FL is loading. I then go to click internet and it tells me the global server is down. So I used the thing in the main directory where the Freelancer.exe to connect directly with IP, this way the specific IP addresses do show up in the list but are no joinable, I mean it says they are compadible but when I click it it says the game was ended before I joined it, it says this on all of them

I really just want to connect to one active server that I can play on with you guys, I've been dying to play FL and help is much obliged. =D
What Antivirus and version of Windows are you using?

Avast, Norton, AVG all have problems with their active scanners and Freelancer.
I'm pretty sure as far as I know, my anti-virus hasn''t been updated in anyway since I got it. I'm pretty sure I have no antivirus anything. I think I have windows defender, I really don't know I'm not too good with computers. I'm running on Windows Vista, pretty good internet. If it was a anti-virus where would I look to turn it off, or disable it?
You would have to uninstall it.
Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program

Look for whatever your antivirus might be in the list that shows up.

But first I would try disabling your firewall.
Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Firewall -> Turn Windows Firewall On or Off (should be on the left side)

Turn it off and press okay.
Well turning off firewall results in the same outcome, someone told me that you have to download a patch to connect to the global server?
And another think just occured that the servers I tried to directly connect to (VIA IP) they don't show up in lan but they show up in internet. Also another is that before I installed Discovery I was able to connect to the global server but not any discoverys servers because of incompadible builds, but when I installed it. the list was removed.
The Discovery Mod should allow you to automatically connect to the server. It has the direct IP ability built into to DSAce.

Try a fresh install of Freelancer and Discovery Mod.

Otherwise, we're going to have to get someone more versed in computer technology in here..
I've done everything listed above, I am now re-installing discovery with the FLMM and will see what happens when I start the game up after activating the mod.
Pages: 1 2