Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This Thread Getting Utterly and Ridiculously Stupid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Ok, so I take off from Planet Crete today and what do I see? 5 massive Destroyers/Battleships, a Molly Gunboat and a Taiidan Bomber. I will not name the 4 factions/groups involved, but most were Outcast tagged and id'd. The fact that the bomber is only available on a Corsair base aside, that many capships with no fighter support is ridiculous. Here I was in my Titan against that... fun :rolleyes:

Something seriously needs to be done about this. Not every faction should have these ships in massive numbers. Its not realistic and its not very fun. I cant imagine its much fun for them either. What glory can be had from destroying a lonely fighter, or even a group of fighters when you have a minimum of 5 flying cities on your side. C'mon people, its called a fighter, and it should be the basis of your forces, not an afterthought.

It might be time to start regulating the use of BS's and Destroyers for factions. Just a thought.

AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT SPECIFICALLY FLAME ANY PERSON OR FACTION IN THIS THREAD! It is just a general discussion.
Agreed on that one. Factions need to CALM DOWN on Capital ships. Take example from what has been here already.

Bs| only allows the top 4 Admirals to have Battleships, and only 2 of them actually have. RM only allows 3 Battleships, and 2 Cruisers, no more. 101st has 1 battleship, thats it. And look at that, they can still take down whatever they like with or without the battleships. So why can't everyone else do it?
This is the reason I scrapped my destroyer and got a fighter. Glad I did too. Far less vulnerable, is destroyed under relative stress, I love it!

The thing is, a gunboat can be bought for less than an hour's work of trading, a destroyer in less than 3, a cruiser in less than 4, and a battleship in less than 20. Maybe I got the figures wron, but my point still stands.

there should only be gb's in a fight if there is destroyers on the other side.
otherwise it should be fighers only.
all for it....

been trying to get the SA to scrap its caps for months....
and whenever i get in a major faction fight, there are always at least 4 capships....not cool at all.
most fights should be fighters....

are you guys just afraid of Holly?
(Watered Down Solution)
All battleships, maybe even cruisers and gunboats, need to be sold only in guard systems.

Honestly...I would go a step further...any ship Mk II and above should be moved to guard systems. There should be more involved in acquiring the best military equipment available than just trading for the credits.
or...can we attach rep to ships?
like rep is attached to buying ID's and guns?
Frankly, I agree we need to cool it with capships, including faction...god knows I should talk, but I have an excuse:P(That being I suck in anything smaller than a cruiser). Battleship Licenses should help a bit...And personally, I think three BSes per faction unless they can come up with a good reason for more.
To reply to the post above, there was no battleships in the attack mentioned. And the Outcast faction had only 2 Rogue Gunboats, The Molly had a Bomber that yes he should not have had (Due to a recent namechange) and 1 Outcast Destroyer and 1 member even had a starflier. Who came to attack a Corsair Battleship and some fighters.

I am not flaming anyone and I totally agree with the basis of this post, but please do not offend certain factions by not stating the facts correctly first.
Yes, fewer cruisers/battleships, more fighters/gunboats. One problem that I've seen is that there are more battleships available than cruisers and gunboats COMBINED, not to mention the lack of bombers. Next mod version should help with that a bit.

I don't see a reason to limit Mk2 fighters... Many NPCs are pretty darn tough to take out without the best equipment a fighter can get. Especially with light fighters. Heck, even a Mk2 light fighter still has a lot of trouble.

I made a suggest in another thread to limit battleships to faction-only, and limit each faction to one battleship and one cruiser per five members. Unlimited fighters and gunboats. If a faction is going to war and wants more cruisers, hire a mercenary. If they want more battleships... Find an ally willing to break out their flagship.

Has anyone read the Kusari news bit about them sending five battleships against Bretonia, five? Like five is supposed to be such a great amount? That's nothing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19