Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: can we add a RSS Feed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'd be happy if we could get an RSS feed going...

questions is:
load on forums
load on forums host
which sections to include/exclude

OR if possible
Separate feeds for:
Bounty Board
Ship Sale
Communication Channel
Rule's Section

First, I'll address the negative I see and why.

I'd NOT like to see a RSS for the sanciton thread (that is what I assume you mean by Rules section.) Trust me, reading it can bring you down very quickly. Something like that for the admin centre might be useful for them, however i don't feel it adds any value for the general membership.

One for general rules addendum (admin notices) would probably be of help, and if that's what you meant by Rules section, I apologise for misreading.

That said, there is a sort of "rss feed" thing happening already with the "newest posts option" on the forums.

The bounty board I can see of being useful.
Flood - definitely not.
Mod developers section propbably.
Igis News and announcements section yes.

While I like RSS, i don't see it changing anything or adding value to physically checking. Once you get used to it, it's very quick. One the other hand you can check if there's anything of interest while offsite, so as not to be distracted! so it could turn out more usful than I first thought.:D
guess you dont use rainmeter then?

its kinda why i want it...

so i dont have to actually GO on the forums to stay updated on several things...

most importantly, bounties, communications and ship sale.... those are really handy to have "fed" to you
This is true. Never heard of rainmeter, but then I'm suspicious of being constantly plugged in anyway. I like my dektop clean, and not telling me what to do:)
YES. Then I'll have my blackberry permanently plugged in whilst i'm on the go. FL>RL!
' Wrote:This is true. Never heard of rainmeter, but then I'm suspicious of being constantly plugged in anyway. I like my dektop clean, and not telling me what to do:)
Ill make a post in the media section to show you what rainmeter is...

also, a feed for the server status thread would be DAMN NICE