Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery TeamSpeak Server 24/7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I mean I could always install it on the RP server but it would consume it's resources and bandwidth, so it wouldn't be the best idea.

So I am just asking if there is someone able to this for the Discovery Community?
what would be nessesary?
I host a teamspeak for the Vortex Gaming Community, which is currently unused as the community is very small.

I could be persuaded to allow the use of it for the DiscoveryGC with no problems. If that isn't acceptable the host at "TotalWebHQ" is great. So great infact that my teamspeak server went down (the server it was on had a total and complete crash) and they still managed to get my server back up with all the settings I had before in a very timely manner.
A server, a decent internet connection and a copy of the TS server files.

I have thought about requesting this, but decided it would've been asked for already and denied for a good reason.

What would it be set up as, evey system with it's own channel or what?

(Note, I can't, I simply want to discuss the idea)
I would do it, if I would live independently with a good income...

Those servers cost a huge amount (monthly), don't they?

Sorry that I can't help.
No no no, TS servers can actually be run from home if you have a computer with internet access sat doing nothing that can be left on 24/7.

This is a really great idea because my computer has a problem with skype and freelancer running together but is fine when i used to use TS.
' Wrote:No no no, TS servers can actually be run from home if you have a computer with internet access sat doing nothing.
Doesn't TS eat up a lot of bandwith? It surely would if around 100 players or more access it at the same time.
It would but i don't think 100 people on at the same time would happen tbh.
I'm thinking for the future, mate. Discovery is growing, and 100 people can use the TS server quickly.
Yeah.. odds are right now only about 50% of the online community would use the server... But that's still around 50 people.

I would be more than willing to donate my real life funds for a community teamspeak server, however that would require in-game compensation either from the admin staffs infinite pockets or player donations.

Through total web HQ, a 50 slot teamspeak server would cost $14/month.. $108 for an entire year up front.

http://totalwebhq.com/teamspeak.htm
Pages: 1 2 3