Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unbeatable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I`ve just come up against some Corsairs. They were level 9 and I`m 19. I accepted the mission but when I came up against them, I found them impossible to beat. They moved in completely unatural style, continouisly jerking from either left or right.
They did no damage to me but they were difficult to hit. As soon as any damage was done, it was immediately repaired..
I fought them for about 15 minutes and killed none.
I never had the problem in the normal game and wondered if anyone else has had anything like it?
disco has improved npc AI...they fly like computers, yes.
they are harder to hit, use bots and bats, and run away.
they also use torpedo's or CDs if they have them.

stick around, the NPC's here are better than some people......like you, apperantly.

You will get better at it...and it will help you out when you go up against a real person.

on a side note, the battleships suicide on planets....
This is caused by the general annoying Legionnaires that zoom around every which way. There is no way to solve this problem, and they do run out of nanobots and shield batteries.

Put general requests for info in this forum in the future please.
And this was in 'Welcome' too ... Please have a look round the forums first before pressing the
'Post new topic' button Erinsy - Hoodlum
Welcome to disco then!

Ah, the best missions in disco are base destruction, with ship kills optional. Bases don't dodge.
Lag can also cause overly erratic behavior in NPC's. But yeah, the NPC's are a lot more difficult and interesting in Discovery.
I have noticed that the Corsair NPC's are much more dodgy than all the other ones. To the point that in a VHF it takes a while just to get behind them close enough to hit them while they run away. Very annoying.
Better guns will help a lot, stick with it, you'll become more deadly:)
Yes, the erratic behavior is very annoying at times. Thing is that they pose a problem only for lower underequipped ships, anything top-tier or closer have no problems whatsoever to the point NPCs becoming just flying supplies of bots and bats and no more than that. I think beta has some of that fixed, but not entirely. As I'd certainly vote for harder NPCs (not crazy-dodge ones but with better armor/weapons) in a top-level systems but tone down that "maneuverability" for starter systems.
ohh...can we have npc's with armour upgrades?

that would be nice.
Pages: 1 2 3