Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ultralight Fighters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, we have light fighters which have less firepower than their heavier counterparts, but are far more manauverable.

What if we had an even lighter fighter?

These ultralight fighters would be 4-5x as manauverable as the arrow, pack up to type 6 guns, and be able to carry a cruise disruptor. Cargo bays would always be under 15, and the size of these figters could NEVER be larger than a starflier.

Balance:

*Only up to type 6 guns
*Power capacity of a tier 1 LF
*no countermeasure dropper (you shouldn't need one)
*Only up to level 5 shields.
I would think this is what the arrow is.. I don't think your going to get something 5 or 6 times more agile then the arrow. Maybe more ships like the Arrow. But 5-6x more agile is.. well.. It'd be impossible to hit. And probably used more as a abusive "Piss people off" ship. In my opinion anyway.

Edited because I only just woke up and noticed how many errors there were in my comment.
' Wrote:I would think this is what the arrow is.. I don't think your going to get something 5 or 6 times more agile then the arrow packing 6 guns. or at all for that matter. It'd be impossible to hit. And probably used more as a abusive "Piss people off" ship. In my opinion anyway.

Not only in yours, sir. Not only in yours ...
Hmm...LFs are underused already. Another useless shiptype only a handful people will use to annoy other people with isn't really necessary.
I don't think you can fly balsa wood in space.
I have to agree with the above posts regarding the agility factors and the fact that no one flies LFs to begin with so an even light class would be more seldom used.

Light fighters need a boost that's about it really. It's a shame because some light fighters are really cool looking and agile as hell. No one gives them any credit.
Lots of people fly Light fighters.
Most of LPI at some point do/have.

There are other factions around that use Light fighters.
They are already quite useful.

----

At OP: Idea's are good. But when is practical going to happen?
And the spambot strikes again.

In short: No.

In long: unable to hit. And people would ruin their keyboards by puking on them.
Hey. The Arrow is almost as maneuverable as you can be without being impossible to fly. I'm pretty sure that older versions of the Arrow had that issue. If we go 5x the maneuverability of the current Arrow, not only would it be impossible to hit, but it would also be impossible to fly.

And it has no foreseeable purpose other than going really, really, fast. Oh well.
Almost need a macro'd hotkey to reply to masternerd guy's ideas with a solid

NOOOOO

Believe it or not, a ship can be too fast to control. You end up over turning and having to compensate, spinning around at motion-sickness inducing speeds.
Pages: 1 2