Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
((One small ooc: If you intend to post here, please register on the "Zoner Registry" under Factions. If you are not registered, your posts will be deleted. Thanks, Mal.))

Gentlepersons,

I had planned to request a convening of this council to discuss an issue affecting Omega-49.

However, the issue has resolved itself. The group wishing to inhabit Omega-49 has listened to reason, and now plans to make its Base of Operations eleswehere. The communications to and from myself and this Faction were amicable, and no longer represent an issue for the Council.

I suggest we hold any further requests for convening in abeyance until more delegates have registered to participate.

Thank you all for affirming that Zoner issues should be resolved by Zoners, for Zoners, and... well, among Zoners.

Respectfully,
Malaclypse, Delegate for the TAZ

Interesting....now I cant even remember what the issue was.

Yes, the status of AW as Zoners.
so are they zoners ? or Zoner protectors. There is too much conflicting information.
Please look through all presious posts regarding AW and let me know what constitutes a zoner in your opinion.
I need to make sure this council is not an attempt to affirm AW as zoners without a discussion about it.
How did they become voting members yet JG isnt?

Peace.
no idea what stuff went on with omega-49 .. err, where is omega-49 anyway? - must be on the other side of the universe.

about [AW] ... those that i asked claimed to be mercenaries with a strong bond to zoners and outcasts. funny - as one of them claimed to guard freeport 9 in theta - and thretened to shoot jinx down. especially when some of the AW arent even friendly enough to zoners to enter the guard system.

however, they claim theta and omicron 74 to themselves, making the rules there and enforcing their twisted law there. as a zoner, i have given up those 2 systems - i do not really count them as neutral zoner space anymore.
' Wrote:Interesting....now I cant even remember what the issue was.

Yes, the status of AW as Zoners.
so are they zoners ? or Zoner protectors. There is too much conflicting information.
Please look through all presious posts regarding AW and let me know what constitutes a zoner in your opinion.
I need to make sure this council is not an attempt to affirm AW as zoners without a discussion about it.
How did they become voting members yet JG isnt?

Peace.

Malaclypse to the Jupiter Guild:

Is this a formal request for a convening of the Council? I would prefer that more time be allowed for all Zoners to register; but I would entertain such a request, as you seem to be concerned and confused about several issues.

The last first. Your Faction is not a full voting member of the council because you do not carry the Zoner ID. It's that simple. You are Mercs, with Zoner affilliation.

Now, as to AW. They are the oldest extant Zoner Faction in Sirius. Yes, they have an ID different from that of other Zoners; but they began as Zoners, and were only issued the Asgard Warrior ID due to High Decree from the Ultimate Big Brain. As such, they should be recognized and have the priviledges of a full voting member.

We may not all be pleased with the AW's behavior all the time, but denying them to right to cast a vote which might affect the future of all Zoners would be unconscionable to say the least.

Now, it has been moved by the Jupiter Guild, a non-voting member of the Council, that the Council convene for the purposes of discussing... what, exactly?

If a call to convene the Council is agreed to by voting members, then I propose that the foremost agenda item be the election of a Council Chair for the proposed Session.

For this purpose, would all voting members please respond, and stipulate:

Are you for the convening of a Session to hear the Jupiter Guild's issuses?

And, who is your nomination for Council Chair for this Session, if convened?

For the TAZ, I accede to the call for convening, and I nominate Brother Drake as acting Session Chair.

Awaiting the other Members' responses,
Malaclypse

Edit: I assume as Sister Jinx has already responded, that she is in favor of convening. Sister, please present your nomination to chair as well, please.

Mal
drake is fine - any is fine.
I nominate Drake as well.

Poor guy. Looks like he'll get landed with the job.
Drake is a excellent choice and therefore receives my vote as well.
' Wrote:I nominate Drake as well.

Poor guy. Looks like he'll get landed with the job.

Wait, what? Oh, bloody hell, how did this happen?

Very well, if the other voting members agree, I'll take the Chair for our first official session... Just the first, mind you, this isn't permanent!

But please, call me Isaac, at least amongst ourselves. I wouldn't wish an ignorant outsider to accidentally mistake me for a certain rather famous 'Drake', and 'Mr. Drake' is much too formal.

OK, fine. Now, about the Jupiter Guild and this proposed session with me as proposed Chair... I'm all for a good argu-- Er, debate, but I'd like to see more voting members present if we're going to be discussing anything important. Ideally, I'd like to see at least seven if anything is actually going to get decided.

-Isaac
Current Vote Tally:

Member: To Convene for JG: Y/N: Chair:

[TAZ], Yes Brother Isaac
[AW] Yes Malaclypse
[\JG/], Petiton to convene. Not voting.

Jinx, Yes Brother Isaac
Drake, Yes Malaclypse
DarkOddity,
Denelo, No, Brother Isaac
Salamander_Smiley, Yes Brother Isaac
Tannik_Seldon, Abstains
Kindred, Yes Brother Isaac
Grayson Burrows,
I do not know drake. However, I do know how to carry out a civil conversation. If Drake sees fit, allow me to speak for myself. you will not hear me flame.

Answer to your concerns: 1. Merc ID. What else you suggest we carry as Zoner mercs. Till Admins find it fit to create a True zoner merc ID, I dont see what we can do. As zoners we are neutral but if we carry out our activities as mercs, people will shout at us and tell us we are not acting like zoners. If not having a zoner ID is the basis for not giving us a vote, then make AW carry a zoner ID as well. As at this point it is hard to say if AW ID holder are just mercs or actual Zoner mercs.
As for being one of the oldest, no one is contesting that, but you have to agree that they have moved on to bigger and better things and changed their stance and their affiliations over the years. Are they still zoners ? that begs to be seen, but seeing them raid and ally with some factions and then be hostile with others is not the zoners way. what happened to being inpartial. Allowing them a vote to control the reigns of the zoner concil when their agendas are so far skewed from the Zoners is like askinga fox to guard the hen house. being old is not a criteria. Your actions prove who you are,
Quote:Now, it has been moved by the Jupiter Guild, a non-voting member of the Council, that the Council convene for the purposes of discussing... what, exactly?
As for the preceeding, please enjoy the following behavior and mediate whether zoners should act like this. Just an FYI this is just one of a series of encounters I have faced with AW. For no reason except may be for being in Omicron theta. To give you a little background. I had just finished an RP segment with the Corsairs and was still in group with them. I entered theta and Saw a OC Dreadnaught (AW) sitting by the JH after I entered, two corsairs entered behind me (not my group as my group was in Omega 5). Knowing that AW was a fellow zoner, I did a 180 and parked my fighter next to him facing the corsairs, willing to attack the Corsairs for a fellow Zoner. The corsairs left and after about 5 seconds of them leaving, the Dreadnaught opened fire on me (a fighter with no torps). I did not return fire and my ship got destroyed in the encounter. The closest our ships came was about 300 so our hulls never touched.
[Image: fordab1ls0.th.jpg]
[Image: fordab2eh5.th.jpg]
[Image: fordab3fk2.th.jpg]
[Image: fordab4zj2.th.jpg]
[Image: fordab5ql8.th.jpg]