Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Divide prices by 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Could we do this? Prices of everything.

1. Character corruption avoidance
<strike>2. Prices become a bit more realistic by our modern day standards</strike> - point taken - fl prices are crazy regardless, with respect to proportionality.

I don't know how much work would be involved though so I can't really do the cost benefit analysis properly. Also there are some commodities that buy/sell in single digits at the moment - can freelancer deal with decimals?

Additions:
  1. I'd be happy to help make this happen if it is a matter of tedious churning - so long as someone shows me how to do it!
  2. And yes there is no arbitrage. It would require all accounts to be divided by 10 - as pointed out a macro would probably be best!
' Wrote:Could we do this? Prices of everything.

2. Prices become a bit more realistic by our modern day standards

I don't know how much work would be involved though so I can't really do the cost benefit analysis properly.

WTB: Sabre for 150,000

Edit:

Actually, if we divide all income by 10 as well, then we can have the same game we have now except avoiding a lot of issues:yahoo:
' Wrote:Could we do this? Prices of everything.

2. Prices become a bit more realistic by our modern day standards

I don't know how much work would be involved though so I can't really do the cost benefit analysis properly. Also there are some commodities that buy/sell in single digits at the moment - can freelancer deal with decimals?
I don't know if it would make prices more realistic. Not for ships anyway. A fighter jet in the modern day can cost anywhere from 10 million USD to 1+ billion USD.
' Wrote:I don't know if it would make prices more realistic. Not for ships anyway. A fighter jet in the modern day can cost anywhere from 10 million USD to 1+ billion USD.

We are a couple of centuries in the future.
What would happen to everyone's current funds? I doubt the admins would be willing to go through removing the last digit of everyone's balance.
' Wrote:What would happen to everyone's current funds? I doubt the admins would be willing to go through removing the last digit of everyone's balance.

macros...i used to like macros.....:rolleyes:
Do it!

Let me sell all my ships first though
' Wrote:Do it!

Let me sell all my ships first though

your %=$$$ would get /10.
The only advantage I see to this is the Removal of Character Corruption problems. But is that a big enough problem to warrant waht will probbaly be a fair amount of work ?
If you want to reduce the amount of money that can be earned, do it. But keep your hands off my bank account. doh!
Pages: 1 2 3 4