Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Player sanctioned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:6.6 Aggressors are not allowed to destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand and allowing sufficient time to respond. Demands may be cargo, credits or an RP demand, such as leaving the system. "Halt" is not a demand.
Bad! Don't kill a trader without giving them any time to respond. Don't say Q_Q after doing it. Deleted your gunship. Q_Q.

Admin link to report: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70498

I explained this matter here for anyone who was interested.

I realise that he was my responsibility during this time - I'm not trying to duck the sanction, I'm just giving some explanation. It wasn't me actually playing the vessel (it was actually me standing behind him telling him not to shoot because he hadn't given him enough time) but he was my responsibility. So it's my loss indeed. I guess.

Just wanted to clear this up.
Always a brother eh ? Best password that computer now I guess ... His typing is as fast as his shooting, was
that situation not avoidable either ?
The account on that computer (the desktop, I'd never let him touch my laptop) that has Freelancer is passworded. I was attempting to teach him how to play the game and roleplay, as I said on the thread that I made. Given the speed of his attack, that indeed was hardly avoidable. CSFs (without the best shields available, I'd presume) go down pretty quickly under six gunboat turrets.

The dialogue, as I can best recall, went something like thus:
Me: "Okay, now make a demand..."
Him: Types "give me money"
Me: (Currently despairing) "Er... all right. Wait! He's docking, give him a warning shot."
Him: (Does so rather zealously, but stops short after a moment.)
Me: Okay, now give him a second to respond, and...
Him: (Shoots again as the CSF tries to dodge. CSF explodes while I hold out my hand and say "Noooooo" and such unfortunate nonsense.)

I told him what to tell the CSF afterward, but he didn't listen (to my dismay) and decided to be his petulant self. And yes, he can type quickly. As I said, he comes from an MMORPG background.

I would have hoped you'd give my word more credit than that of... others.
Coincidence of coincidences, actually, by the time my brother was blown up by a Liberty gunboat and I hopped on to type out apologies to the CSF, it logged out about one second before I hit "enter" to send the message. I then went to the forums and posted the above linked thread instead.
It was the line about 'liking seeing people Q_Q' ... That was the really offensive part unfortunately ...
Anything close to that will have your pixels in the bit-bucket pretty swiftly at any time.
Oh, I'd imagine that would make anyone rather peeved.
I was distressed at that myself, hence my urge to make apologies...

He's quite a bit of a (prepubescent) troll, unfortunately.