Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Clones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, not sure where should it be, kinda rare bug I suppose.

It all began when I was flying on my nomad battleship, Harbinger, and I jumped into Leeds system in hope to challenge SF battleship. To my surprise the first thing I saw when I jumped in was this:

[Image: th_screen73-1.jpg]

A player 111k far? What the hell...

I decided that SF BS can wait so I started looking for that strange player. Something was wrong here. I checked my equipment and I still had my Discovery scanner.

I checked the player channel and...

[Image: th_screen77.jpg]

Wait? Where is he? In Magellan?!

Now I forgot about SF completely and went to "discover" that anomaly.

In OOC PM I contacted Yoda trader who was passing nearby, turned out that only I saw it.

After some time spent for search I finally found him.

[Image: th_screen80.jpg]

In C4 there was that "ghost ship", but the system shows it's in Magellan (confirmed by Yoda)!

Furthermore I was able to scan the ship...

[Image: th_screen84.jpg]
[Image: th_screen82.jpg]

Finally I contacted the person and he was very surprised to hear that I see his ship in Leeds and could tell what equipment he had. So I asked him to come to Leeds at my location.

[Image: th_screen89.jpg]

What happened then?

Watch the video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=OIVPfnnOjjU

Or you can download in higher resolution here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8dzm4tfybwz

p.s. This is not a report or anything. Just fun to see something like that.
Hehe! Awesome!
So he could have flown off and you could kill him by blasting his clone XD
Something like this happened to one of my RoS buddys;)

Wait! SpyGlass Scanner?? How comes I never found this? Well.. Oh well :cool:
Hah, this has happened to me when fleeing a pirate, mine was 70k though.
happens quite often to me but allways in one zone - when i jump from minor to alaska. sometimes i have the minor guards .. the Bs| folk on track in alaska still - at like 70+ distance - which turn to "far" once i m at the NY gate .. that one will surely cause those rumors about being able to fly from one system to another without using JHs. :laugh:
haha thats really cool treewyrm
yeah this happened to me when I flew from Minor to Alaska.

I never done any follow up on it, and it resolved itself, so I wasn't too bothered.

Funny to see the end result though.
Something weird happend when i went to omicron delta yesterday. i dont have a pic, but right where the Unkowen JH was supposed to be in the field of those weird things, there was a large space station. several seconds later, when i looked back, it was gone.
I didnt get any pics of it though....
I've seen the Station bug before; I think it's a glitch having to do with people taking station-kill missions. The Clone bug I haven't seen before, though. Kewl! Nice vid, Treewyrm, is that FL Bar music I hear in that?
' Wrote:I've seen the Station bug before; I think it's a glitch having to do with people taking station-kill missions. The Clone bug I haven't seen before, though. Kewl! Nice vid, Treewyrm, is that FL Bar music I hear in that?
Yes, Liberty bar theme which can be heard on pirate stations I think. I thought it would be appropriate to use game music instead of something else. A bit offtopic note but I have ordered Freelancer soundtrack CD which includes DVD with bonus material, extended intro and some other nice stuff, so once I receive those I will make proper lossless rip from the audio CD for discovery community (it's out of print anyway, that wouldn't hurt anyone I think).
Send it to PM, Treewyrm. Make a mailing list. I've gotten sick of listening to my cracked Tau suite...
Pages: 1 2