Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: windows vista, disco, and avast!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if you guys know this yet, but discofl works in multiplayer with the newest version of avast! on vista home basic. I think the vista tutorial should be updated.

Is this a fluke with me or can someone else confirm this?
Generally people like to use Half decent Operating Systems.
But the new Avast is alot better all around.
I dunno about people's aptitudes with operating systems. People buy Macs everyday.

All jokes aside, though, I've been running Vista since it came out, and it definitely isn't as bad as people say. It'll be the Windows ME of the newer generation for sure, but, honestly, I do like it better than XP and 2000. Not to mention that Windows 7 is the same exact operating system only with additional hype...

EDIT: Oh, wait, we call those service packs.
' Wrote:I dunno about people's aptitudes with operating systems. People buy Macs everyday.

All jokes aside, though, I've been running Vista since it came out, and it definitely isn't as bad as people say. It'll be the Windows ME of the newer generation for sure, but, honestly, I do like it better than XP and 2000. Not to mention that Windows 7 is the same exact operating system only with additional hype...

EDIT: Oh, wait, we call those service packs.
You obviously don't know too much about Windows 7...
You call that awesome? I use same with Comodo Firewall extra
' Wrote:You obviously don't know too much about Windows 7...

'Eh, my brother and I have run tests comparing our identical systems with Windows 7 Home Premium v Windows Vista Home Premium. We've yet to see a difference. I dunno what kind of things you've done, but, I've yet to see anything which justifies this $150-300 service pack...

EDIT: Actually, wait, we've had some wireless issues, but, that's about the only thing different so far.
Freelancer has always worked for me with Avast on both Vista and Windows 7.

Some have had luck with switching of a certain firewall component on Windows Vista.

For me Windows 7 solved all my Vista problems. Windows 7 is like Windows XP, but built better and much faster.
I've been playing FL fine on Vista Home Premium with Avast since I joined the community.

This is nothing new.
I think it's wrong forum.. o.0
No, we're clearly discussing Disco.
That or the OP is a moron?