Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: .86 mineral rush?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
oh hell, taus??

look at img/cr how they wine over insane ore pirates.... WAIT TILL TEH LOLWUTS COME BY, OH NOEZ
The reason you get a rush is that everyone is flocking to the Next Big Thing in terms of making credits.

It is human nature to seek out the best way to make money. Unfortunately the developers seem keen on spending their time fighting human nature!

By this I mean trying to perfect a 'static' economy. All they have done with every version is chase around the best ways to make money and cut them down, then the whole circus moves on to the Next Big Thing.

Remember the history? Sigma-13, Omega-49, Pennsylvania, now its Tau-23 and Dublin. These places attracted big numbers of people of all persuasions - while other parts of Sirius languished.

You guys want that 'gold rush' feeling? you will get it for a while when the developers make their next major change to the economy - then it will degenerate just like every other change they have ever made.

The old areas will die down in activity - and the characters and RP developed in that space will also die off.

Here is my proposal:

1) Identify a key economic run for every faction. It could be a smuggling run, a mining operation, or a standard trade run.
2) Put all these runs on a list. Every week randomly choose one from that list.
3) Add an incentive bonus to that run for the week.

THEN you will have that 'gold rush' feeling refreshed every week!
Independent traders can go around chasing that bonus with their lower cargo ships.
Factional traders can go on as normal, and once in a while get a nice profit boost.
Factions along the weekly route will face increased activity, stimulated by the movement of cargo vessels.
Activity will be spread around the server on a weekly basis - rather than having it concentrated for too long in one region.
The Circus will move on next week. Knowing that sooner or later the Circus will come back to town allows for RP developments to stay fresh - rather than fading into obscurity because the region would normally be in decline after a change in the economy.
I remember, Penn was at that time one of my favourite systems.

But, as the Taus are already systems that have a large activity, I think it would be best to do this kind of mineral rush somewhere else, in a not so populated system.
I wouldn't like for it to happen. It would show that only thing that can get a group over 20 people together in skirmish is greed for cash.
Is there something wrong with that? Activity is activity, and if you have a chance to make money from it, double bonus.
Actually there's plenty wrong with that. People make chars for the greed instead for coolness of the certain faction.

A lot of crappy hogoshas spawned in that period of time and they casted such a bad light on Kusari that I had desire to liquidate everyone who played Hogosha.

Worst thing that happened is when Hogosha ship yelled at my Kempetai in system chat that I cannot shoot him after he blew up a transport in front of me. He ran into a KSP base.
That's -NOT- what I want.
If the Silver Road hadnt been nerfed - guess what Ivan - you would STILL be stuck with those crappy Hogosha...and even more of them!

With a rotating system - everything gets shared - the profit and the pain.

Perhaps you should consider taking on board your share of both - rather than demanding some kind of pristine RP environment to play in yes?
I am okay with the idea of rotating events. I just feel it will cause a problem eventually, because of the shifting activity people will make chars again to belong somewhere, instead of making the characters that will make others want to belong where they are.

Keep in mind that this game, in it's very core is a sandbox. If Hessians want to make peace with Corsaris and crush Rheinland together, and they really fight to prove it, they might end up joining Corsairs in crushing the land (example don't kill me)

But this game gives you open hands. If you'll create characters just to go with the rest of the flow, then I'm not so keen about it.

On the other hand it could prove interesting. I just feel sorry for the local police since they'll end up doing the defending work without getting paid a lot.
' Wrote:But this game gives you open hands. If you'll create characters just to go with the rest of the flow, then I'm not so keen about it.

Well, everyone else did it and I'm not talking about new players looking for easy money
Well, players that have been here for a good amount of time have made characters to pirate mostly, while some others have tried to get mining groups together and actually use newbies to help them mine in exchange for money.

Keep in mind that entire thing, and I do mean entire thing, caused a massive amount of whining and big Q_Q that shut down Silver road (nice name friday) and nerfed the income from mining. Combine that with the things mentioned above (poor rp with some, KSP/KNF getting very bad image and Q_Q) and result is, in my opinion - negative.

I just hope that the same thing won't happen to the gas mining should it be implemented. Look, my opinion is far from crucial in this matter, and god knows that my roleplay is not what it used to be now when I don't have that much time, but I found it distasteful to make a new character.

maybe i'm a hypocrite because my corsair could plunder the Dublin and Omega 7, and I knew my time will come so I just sat down quietly knowing that Penn would be eradicated eventually.

oh no wait... I bought an bactrian and stole ore with no guns.
Pages: 1 2 3