Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DOOM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just picked up this wonderful game from 1993. Got through half of Episode 1 before deciding that I should quit for the night before I stay awake for nine hours chanting, "can't sleep, imp will shoot me.

Anyone else out here love the classic DOOM games?
Oh, yes. DOOM.
BFG9000 <3
Ultimate DOOM: Good fun.
DOOM II: I would say why this is awesome, but I'd be spoiling the ending for you.
DOOM 3: SCAREH D:
DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil: See above.
DOOM 4: Will get.
Played it for days when it came out...maybe time to revisit just for kicks...
I remember it being the first time a video game made me jump out of my chair as I cursed in three different languages at the same time....that first scare that first time you play...Man o Man...you are not expecting it at all...

Cheers
oZoneRanger
' Wrote:Anyone else out here love the classic DOOM games?
lets play :crazy:
' Wrote:lets play :crazy:

gheyluff?
Youve done it. The invasion is over. Earth is saved. Hell is a wreck. You wonder where bad folks will go when they die, now. Wiping the sweat from your forehead you begin the long trek back home. Rebuilding Earth ought to be a lot more fun than ruining it was.

Cacodemons and Arachnotrons were the ugliest monsters ever.
Ah, yes. My fault.:)

Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 64 are some of my favorite games. I don't play them often, and I suck horribly at them, but still. Fun!

Doom 3 kinda sucked, though, in my opinion. But that's partially because when I load up a Doom game, I'm not doing it for slow-paced scares, I'm doing it to blow up some hellspawn. Just too much of a change from the norm for my tastes.

Anyway, I've got Doom and Doom 2 on PC and Xbox 360, and Doom 64 on N64 and PC (Doom 2 TC). And Final Doom. I only actually paid for half of those, though; my stepfather bought the Doom Ultimate Collector's Edition and couldn't get it working on his computer, so he gave it to me.:)
Love the original Doom games, absolutely amazing.

But since ZeniMax acquired id, all I can think of is Doom 4 production being handed over to Bethesda and.. well.. we know what'll happen.
'twas the first game I played in lan network. We installed it in my schools PC pool and played it for 5 hours, until one of our hippy teachers found out and threw a fit about how we can play such bloodthirsty garbage (I think it was even outlawed or age restricted 18+ in germany at the time, or maybe that was Wolfenstein 3D).

That thirst 3D experience gave a lot of us a "high" kind of feeling, and some had dreams about demons chasing us.

Fond memories...
Someone has actually converted D00M to flash, it's quite good, the graphics look exactly like the original game, in fact I reckon they just used the original graphics.

On a reasonable PC it runs very smoothly.

Go here --> http://www.kongregate.com/games/mike_id/doom-1 to have a look.