Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Discovery.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there all you good folks at Discovery.

I first played Freelancer way back when it first came out, & loved it, but never got round to the multiplayer side. Then just the other day after a random google search came across this awesome place. I started reading up & decided this was the way to go. So here I am.

You'll probably see me flying around as DigDug. My little credit maker. Oh & thanks to the pirates/rogues who have let me pass when I have stumbled into them.

Oh, one more thing thing before I shoot off. I'm very interested in joining up with a faction, but I'm unsure about where to begin. I'v looked over the factions list but I'm still not sure where to begin as a new Discovery player. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Hope to see some of you in space.

Oh hi there:). Welcome to the Community. Read and obey the rules before you stumble in again. I wish you lots of fun mate.
Welcome Deeko. Thank you for the supplies last evening. Have fun here.

Read the tutorials, very helpful sometimes.
Thanks for the welcome Korny Head & Redcrab.

An extra thank you to Redcrab who I ran into on my first night as a fledgling trader. I appreciate the scanner & credits you threw my way.

A quick question if I may. I have steadily been trading( bar a few run ins with the odd pirate) & my first ship upgrade was the Clydedale. Soon after I switched to the Armored Transport(Pelican), & last night I purchased a Mammoth. Now I know I was able to fly the Clydesdale & Pelican with my Freelancer ID, but I'm in a bit of a grey area with my new Mammoth. I'v checked the allowed tech chart, but I'm still a little unsure if its ok to fly my new ship with my current ID. Does it fall into the Civillian Liberty category? I havent taken it anywhere yet. Still docked. If anyone could give me the yay or nay I'd be extremely grateful.

Regards

Deeko
With Freelancer ID you can use any transport with less than 3800 cargo.
PS. Welcome to the Discovery Freelancer community! I hope you enjoy your stay!
Awesome news. Thanks so much for clearing that up for me iKone, & thanks for the welcome.
Welcome, glad to have a new person aboard Our galactic conquest.

Tips:

Trust no one
stay away from Nomads
NO Ghost Ships!!
read the RULES
Join IMG

See you out there Space Cowboy;)