Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Red Faction: Armageddon Announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yup, Volition has finally announced their new project. Red Faction: Armageddon.

Here is a link to the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO_HG5drmoY

It looks like this takes place many a year after the Guerrilla arc and it seems its all underground now. Maybe the EDF performed a major orbital bombardment? Or atmosphere breaker? Well something "armageddon" like and now the miners are under the soil of Mars.

There are walkers, or suits, new weapons, reconstructors and insect like aliens it seems. Well, that's what I can make out from the trailer.

I think it'll flop, unless they really focus on fun and destruction, and let me somehow connect with the characters. Maybe its fear like this time?

Either way, I'm waiting for this game. :)
Looks interesting, but like the first comment said it's too much like Dead Space, based on the trailer.
At least it adds something new to the old rebels vs. oppressors though.
But the rebels-vs-oppressors thing was what made it Red Faction. That was the whole Red Faction deal, the Red Faction was the rebellion of the miners.

If this turns into a linear shoot-em-up game imma kill someone. For serious. I will rage.
It looks like it could be quite good, if it's free roam again I think that'd be awesome, free roam underground:D, perhaps even a few missions to the surface to see just how apocalyptic it is up there. On a side note there are a few issues I have with it. One the aliens look very Dead Space to me, it just feels like they're ripping them off a bit and two, This seems a far throw away from Guerilla, you are a guerilla fighter and in the sequel you are fighting aliens under the surface? It's a big jump, hopefully it will work.
' Wrote:But the rebels-vs-oppressors thing was what made it Red Faction. That was the whole Red Faction deal, the Red Faction was the rebellion of the miners.

Yes, of course, but it could be too similar to the other Red Factions.
Games must be made interesting, not the same as prequels.
I couldn't make Red Faction: Guerrilla better, yet keep the same theme, but that's just me.
Sounds neat. Ive not played Guerrilla or the others before but I hear they are quite good.

Ill put it on my games list : ))))
Not gonna lie.
I'm more excited about this one then I have been since the first game.

And although the third was a huge improvement from the second game, I still thought it wasn't the best. Sure, blowing everything up was great. But it was the same old sandbox game everyone's been pushing out for years now. BOOOOORING. Do this, do that, do this.. Now rinse and repeat until the next area.

And while this does look like a survival-horror more then everything... I really like returning to the concept of the underground tunnels in the game. Everything that happened in those tunnels in the first game just adds a really sinister feeling. And seeing as how Capek was running some pretty nasty experiments down there, I'm sure that they couldn't ALL have been wiped out, and perhaps mutated and began to evolve on their own?
Should be a pretty good story.
I loved the first game. The second game was a bit iffy, but still fairly good..

But I seriously could not see what everyone liked in Guerrilla. I thought the entire idea of it sucked...especial the part about knocking down buildings (which you'd think would be reinforced to deal with Martian weather...) with a sledge hammer...

And yes, I have played the game, but I never finished it. I couldn't make myself finish it.
' Wrote:I loved the first game. The second game was a bit iffy, but still fairly good..

But I seriously could not see what everyone liked in Guerrilla. I thought the entire idea of it sucked...especial the part about knocking down buildings (which you'd think would be reinforced to deal with Martian weather...) with a sledge hammer...

And yes, I have played the game, but I never finished it. I couldn't make myself finish it.

Really? You're complaining about the fact that it gave you Mjolnir?

NO U
' Wrote:But I seriously could not see what everyone liked in Guerrilla. I thought the entire idea of it sucked...especial the part about knocking down buildings (which you'd think would be reinforced to deal with Martian weather...) with a sledge hammer...
In the game's 'lore' the hammer is powered to, on impact apply immense kinetic energy. Think of it as a strength amplifier. A normal hammer wouldn't do crap. But the mining hammer is powered to apply much more power to mine, and break things. Not to mention with the 'super hammer' cheat. You can send jeeps and tanks flying into the horizon. I wonder what would happen if I applied the hammer to their VTOL planes.:nyam:
Pages: 1 2