Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Losing A Friend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He's a handsome fellow if I don't say so myself and he's quite the character. He's been a part of my home now for 12 years. Today, Mickey was taken to the vet to get checked out as he seemed to be getting fatter for no real reason. The news wasn't good. He has cancer and is slowly dying. Since he's not suffering, at least for now, we took him back home rather than put him through the rigors of chemo and other treatments. In as much as I'll hate it, when he does start to suffer, I will do the humain thing.

It's been a rough day at my house. We're all upset, myself included. Just one of those things that I can't get my mind off of. So if I seem a bit withdrawn over the next few days, you know why. I don't take loss very well.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...4_3426652_n.jpg

Mickey with his favorite person in the world, my wife.
Doc, Take all the time you need. Even animals as they are, they can and do become the best of friends. I do not look forward to the day when my dog's time comes, for it will be a dark one. But best of wishes to you and your family. My condolences.
My condolences to you, Doc.
We had our equally aged dog put to sleep last week for a similar problem, so I can sympathise well.

But a kitty...:(

My thoughts are with you and your family, and I hope Mickey's last days will be good ones.
Aww... Well, it could be worse, could be your wife that had cancer, (Heaven forbid) instead of Mickey, but it still sucks.:(
That sucks...it's one of the main reasons I stopped keeping pets around, because after a long time, losing one can be nearly as hard as losing a person who was dear to you..

I wish you the best Doc, really I do.
My condolences to you and your family, Doc. Even if some people might say "It's just a pet", those of us who have shared life with a pet knows that they become just as much a part of your family as if they had been human.

A & L Guy
As I was reading it I was saying "I bet he won't put her trough kemo" and that's a good decision. Some animals from cat family wander off to desert / forest / jungle when they feel their death is near. Depends on how exactly is your pet domestic, he might do the same thing.
My beloved Dachsund Jacob (photo to the left) suffered a similar fate.

His testicles grew to the size of oranges and he had it in his body too.

This dog had 7 nipples (3 on one side, 4 on the other), was our companion in 4 countries, killed a lizard/warran that was as long as him (photo on the left), was impossible to keep inside the yard because he kept digging holes under every fence, chased off 1 burglar (he was also a bit racist against africans who he didnt know, unfortunately), and had swollen eyes from spitting cobras venom 4 or 5 times (he never gave up on anything).

An irony of fate that the size of his balls came to reflected his courage when he went.

I will remember him always.

My condolenses for your companion.
As the others said, some will say that it's just a pet, but I know that you can love them just as much as a family member if they've stayed with you for a long time.

My condolences, mate. I hope he won't be in too much pain, and I know you'll make it as pleasant as you can for him, judging by your words.

I don't know what else to say, but good luck seems strangely appropriate.
I lost my dog a while ago. Had some romanian laugh at Skype "it's only a **** animal, get over it". A very angry Dutch person shouted his face into obvlivion. (Bas, to those who know'm.)

They're not just animals. They're family. Just before I lost that dog I lost my cat to cancer too. Growth the size of his head in his neck. Hurts just as much as any other member of the family when they pass away. Take some time, spend it with Mickey and make his last few days amazing.
Pages: 1 2 3