Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Problem to make a new effect.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would to do my custom battlerazor effect, I've done a new visual effect and it do nothing.
I've use Ale editor 0.008 I've change the color I've renamed it, after i've code it and after in game I don't see the changed big ball of the old br_gunboat_maingun, I see an only yellow wide. Is it the Effect crc or other things.
[color=#FF0000]Heeelp!!!
Heeelp meeee!!!!
Pleaaase!!
Uhmm, wow. That's really one way to get help. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it doesn't work though.

The reality of ALE editing is that not many people at Discovery are very familiar with it. So with that said while there are some people here who can help you going to The Starport for this kind of help would probably be better.
Thank turkish but I've no account on this site. I go make an account. Thank you for the pipe.
ask tycho
I took my skype out of my profile for a reason. :|
you need to change the CRC in the weapons_ale.ini

make sure you got all the names set out, if your just doing a simple recolour test then dont change anything inside the ale's other than the colour values

if your making a new weapon entirely, change all the old names within the ale to match the names in your ini's

you should be changing entries within the Weapons_effect.ale, Market_equip.ini and effects.ini? cant remember the last